Tribute Shea Weber: Gone to Vegas

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
could be worse, we could be stuck with PK and having to put up with his cringe every night.
I don't care to stress about the non-hockey stuff. PK was a great player for us. We wasted his best years. Some guys peak earlier than others. He was one, and there were signs prior to the trade. By 2015 he was unable to get back to repair errors, which is a problem if you take chances as part of your style.

I said it at the time, that I thought that Subban would not have many great years left, this is not just hindsight. And while Weber's best days were also behind him, I thought he would age more slowly, which ended up being true. I also said his contract did not scare me, because it was tradaeable in the later years, which turned out to be totally true as well.

The real problem with the trade was that getting Weber at 31 and extending Price from 31 until 39 for big bucks meant that MB had to build a winner fast, and he had no idea how to do it. But that is neither Weber's fault nor PK's. Two strong players - at least one will probably be in the HoF, maybe both.

Last edited:

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
My favorite Webber moment? A Ranger player trying to crawl through the ref’s legs to get away from his beat down! Seriously

Reactions: Scintillating10

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I don't care to stress about the non-hockey stuff. PK was a great player for us. We wasted his best years. Some guys peak earlier than others. He was one, and there were signs prior to the trade. By 2015 he was unable to get back to repair errors, which is a problem if you take chances as part of your style.

I said it at the time, that I thought that Subban would not have many great years left, this is not just hindsight. And while Weber's best days were also behind him, I thought he would age more slowly, which ended up being true. I also said his contract did not scare me, because it was tradaeable in the later years, which turned out to be totally true as well.

The real problem with the trade was that getting Weber at 31 and extending Price from 31 until 39 for big bucks meant that MB had to build a winner fast, and he had no idea how to do it. But that is neither Weber's fault nor PK's. Two strong players - at least one will probably be in the HoF, maybe both.
PK is NOT HOF material, not even remotely close and I doubt Webs will be either.

Reactions: ReHabs

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
PK is NOT HOF material, not even remotely close and I doubt Webs will be either.
Weber has a good chance. Not every D in the Hall won Norrises, but Weber was top 5 and top 10 for an impressive number of years, and had the elite shot, and the leadership cred.

Last edited:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Weber has a good shot. Not every D in the Hall won Norrises, but Weber was top 5 and top 10 for an uimpressive number of years, and had the elite shot, and the leadership cred.

maybe , the HOF is such an old boys club and it means nothing to me since Lindros got in anyways, especially before Doug Wilson.

Reactions: BigDaddyLurch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad