Tribute Shea Weber: Gone to Vegas

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
Thanks for your time here. The team felt united when you were there. Time to take care of your injuries and prepare for your future career.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Perfect captain figure. Probably the best captain we've had since Koivu.

It's a shame he couldn't go out on his own terms, but he literally gave us everything he had left in the tank hockey wise and I'll always remember that.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
My take too. Hated the trade, thought Fabro should’ve been included at the time. But over time (watching him every game) came to appreciate what a unique and great player he is.

Still should’ve gotten a sweetener MB.
For a guy who had 6 years left at $9M and only played 3 good ones?

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
My take too. Hated the trade, thought Fabro should’ve been included at the time. But over time (watching him every game) came to appreciate what a unique and great player he is.

Still should’ve gotten a sweetener MB.
For a guy who had 6 years left at $9M and only played 3 good ones?

Manse

Jun 17, 2022
Good reddens to what I would call an invisible captain , rarely seen the guy !! Wouldn't hang the jersey for sure many others had more success including cup wins

• Haha
Reactions: the

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
Most people don't fancy even walking on a blown ankle., let alone eating the toughest minutes all the way to the SCF on the back end of a mediocre lineup and showing a few "superstars" how big boy hockey is played along the way.

Thanks Shea, all the best.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Thanks for everything Man Mountain. Makes me sad we couldnt get it done last year. Great Captain. Great player.

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
Good reddens to what I would call an invisible captain , rarely seen the guy !! Wouldn't hang the jersey for sure many others had more success including cup wins
Are there really talks of hanging his jersey in the rafters?
Oh boy!!!!

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
Very sad we couldn't get it done last year. Still hurts. What a cinderella run. Thank you Shea. Please, please come back and coach the Defence.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
He didn't play long enough with the Habs to consider a jersey retirement. But the #6 should have been retired long ago for Toe Blake.

Shea Weber is one of the best shutdown dmen I have seen play, going back to someone like Jacques Laperrière. And that incredible shot. Really enjoyed watching him play. Wouldn't be surprised to see him back in the game at some level someday.

Reactions: salbutera

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad