Player Discussion Shea Weber - Dear Dad Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
As I said, he faces top lines anyway so it hardly matters.

Like I said, a team can have depth like Crosby/Malkin or Tavares/Matthews or only have 1 of the two but Weber will face the top line anyway.

Oilers can not make the playoffs but Weber will go against McDavid anyway. It would be unfair to discount it because Oilers aren't a playoff team.

Of course, I'm all for getting more data. Nothing wrong with that but I do think there is value in what we are seeing thus far and there is no need to be too concerned.
Agreed. On an individual base, it matters little who we face. Weber will get the tough match ups regardless.
What we are seeing from him is very encouraging. Would yield a very nice return. This guy fetched Nashville a Norris winner. Imagine if we could get something close to that but in the form of young prospects.

JohnnyB11

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, NB
Agreed. On an individual base, it matters little who we face. Weber will get the tough match ups regardless.
What we are seeing from him is very encouraging. Would yield a very nice return. This guy fetched Nashville a Norris winner. Imagine if we could get something close to that but in the form of young prospects.

Lol Weber isn’t going anywhere.

Reactions: DubDub

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Lidstrom's been burned a few times the same way, it happens and he is the best defensive dman ever in many ppls eyes. **** happens, Bobby Orr has had a few stinkers as well.
It was a miscommunication between him and Kulak. And like you said, shit happens. Still had a strong game with that nice assist and those big hits.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

I don't see habs trading him.

They've had a lot of picks in recent years, our forward core is young and he and Price are only true vets.

If they trade him it's because Price is going too but right now I don't see it.

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK

They've had a lot of picks in recent years, our forward core is young and he and Price are only true vets.

He needs to stay around unless the Habs develop a Dman with no1 ability. Even if there’s a Petry level prospect he needs to stay. He’s playing great and keeping his value up so I don’t see the rush.

The problem is with a good Price and Weber the Habs are likely trapped in bubble team purgatory, but that’s not their fault ; it’s simply the house that Bergevin built.

Reactions: cphabs

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
He needs to stay around unless the Habs develop a Dman with no1 ability. Even if there’s a Petry level prospect he needs to stay. He’s playing great and keeping his value up so I don’t see the rush.

The problem is with a good Price and Weber the Habs are likely trapped in bubble team purgatory, but that’s not their fault ; it’s simply the house that Bergevin built.

Yeah, despite our need for futures Weber and a good Price are extremely hard to replace. You won't just get a couple firsts and draft a top end D-man. You can just as easily get a Beaulieu.

MB will need to assess his team going forward and potentially make that hard decision to trade these guys. If habs aren't improving and in bubble team purgatory it's something that needs to be considered.

Reactions: King In Glory

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Yeah, despite our need for futures Weber and a good Price are extremely hard to replace. You won't just get a couple firsts and draft a top end D-man. You can just as easily get a Beaulieu.

MB will need to assess his team going forward and potentially make that hard decision to trade these guys. If habs aren't improving and in bubble team purgatory it's something that needs to be considered.

If that scenario plays out where we don't improve because people think a balanced team can compete vs powerhouse teams that have multiple top picks...He will absolutely get fired before he ever trades Weber and/or Price.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Obviously, I don't see Habs moving him either. As I said, I expect mostly status quo or to be buyers.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
Markov was effective until his late 30s dont see why weber couldnt last the same amount of time

Jul 6, 2016
Not only the team has a great #1 d-man, but also their best captain since ages.

Reactions: Deebs

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Not only the team has a great #1 d-man, but also their best captain since ages.
For sure. A real leader that the guys look up to and respect. They know he's going to give everything he has and they'll follow suit. Guys like him, Gally, Domi, Byron, Lehky....you win with these kind of guys and as we continue to add talent and skill to the lineup, our team will just keep getting better. Good things ahead for this club.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Sure he’s been excellent so far after a prolonged injury at age 33 years and 4 months, but will he still be this good at age 33 years and 7 months???? I wouldn’t count on it

So the script went from Shea Weber being done before he even played 1 game because of his two surgeries to now him being too rested and that we need to wait 3 months for him to finally decline.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Sure he’s been excellent so far after a prolonged injury at age 33 years and 4 months, but will he still be this good at age 33 years and 7 months???? I wouldn’t count on it
We are no where near a cup IMO and by the time we are? Weber will be in his late 30s if we are lucky. Will he still be effective? I don’t know, but do know that getting old reduces physicality. So, I would trade him to a contending team for picks or assets. Will this help us in the next 1-3 years? No, but come 2023/24?

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
This guy is bringing it.............a real good set of games, out of the gate, after missing almost a year, wow, no one saw this coming. Nice to see, now if MB could get us a guy to play along side of him...

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
Shea Weber is amazing. Not only is he one of the top defenders in the league but he's able to score goals. He is fully capable of scoring 20+ goals every year. He already has 4 goals in 9 games this year. If he plays every game for the rest of the year, he's on pace to score 25-26 goals in 58 games. He's showing no signs of slowing down either. He's the perfect captain. Players respect him and he's an outstanding example for our young kids coming up. Why anyone would want to trade him is beyond me.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017

We still need to keep some vets in a rebuild process to help the young players become good professionals. If everything they say about Weber being a great leader and all that is true, I would keep him with the team. Like I would keep Gallagher.

Weber would be a good mentor for our future prospects we would acquire if we trade Tatar, Petry and Byron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad