Player Discussion Shea Weber - Dear Dad Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
There's no way Nashville gets hurt with the re-capture, it will be an easy out for the league anyways

"The spirit of the rule was to prevent teams from using cap circumvention contracts on their own players, since this contract was signed with the Philadelphia Flyers as part of an offer sheet, it was not negotiated by the Nashville Predators, they only had the option of accepting the compensation or keeping the player. Without motivation on their end to circumvent the cap with the salary proposal, it would be unfair to penalize them for terms that they did not negotiate."

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
If Weber isn't injured right now, then we are in deep trouble. He looks absolutely terrible and he started playing in December.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
There's no way Nashville gets hurt with the re-capture, it will be an easy out for the league anyways

"The spirit of the rule was to prevent teams from using cap circumvention contracts on their own players, since this contract was signed with the Philadelphia Flyers as part of an offer sheet, it was not negotiated by the Nashville Predators, they only had the option of accepting the compensation or keeping the player. Without motivation on their end to circumvent the cap with the salary proposal, it would be unfair to penalize them for terms that they did not negotiate."

I have a feeling past cap-recapture penalties will be severely reduced, or completely removed, within the next CBA.

Poile is going to lobby hard to get his team's penalty nullified. I've been sayin it since the day the trade was made; no way Bettman holds the Preds to this.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
New captain, same lack of leadership...

Maybe it's Pacioretty's fault...

I hope he's injured, because he's putrid, Mete is carrying him and it should be the other way around.
Lack of leadership ? :laugh:
and yes he's probably injured ; they showed a replay last game that showed it
lack of leadership , Weber ...can believe:laugh: it

Reactions: jaffy27

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Mountain man is hurt, he's nowhere near playing at the level he was when he came back in Dec

Last edited:

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I have a feeling past cap-recapture penalties will be severely reduced, or completely removed, within the next CBA.

Poile is going to lobby hard to get his team's penalty nullified. I've been sayin it since the day the trade was made; no way Bettman holds the Preds to this.
League has been bending it own rule ever since the cap started best example being Prongner the guy actually work for the NHL while under contract on LTIR..

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Lack of leadership ? :laugh:
and yes he's probably injured ; they showed a replay last game that showed it
lack of leadership , Weber ...can believe:laugh: it

Why are you laughing ?

What did you see that make you think Weber is a great leader ? I'm pretty sure you think he's a great leader because you heard the media/Babcock.

Since he came here, I see no improvement. The team crumbled and played like crap, while we still had some hope to make the playoffs.

Shaw took a shot to some of his teammates...

Great leadership, indeed... Almost no difference from last year.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
New captain, same lack of leadership...

Maybe it's Pacioretty's fault...

I hope he's injured, because he's putrid, Mete is carrying him and it should be the other way around.
Lolwut? He's been carried by his mobile partner for his entire career. Look at Suter. A true workhorse for Minnesota after leaving Nashville. Josi might miss his size, but Weber misses Josi's skating and aggressive pucking-carrying for more.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I love Weber, but he has been awful lately, looks uninterested and soft out there. Really ugly to watch him play right now. Did his dog die or something? Jesus, its not that bad Shea, care a little

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
It clear has day that something wrong... not sure why he even getting PP time with is mobility being so affected.

So he was injured in the playoffs series against SJ too?
He was injured at the end of the year his first season here.
Injured again this year at the end of the season.

Or maybe he just can't handle a full season anymore? Let's not pretend what happen with Weber is news. The writings were on the wall before he was traded here.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
It was a little bit more than just "a rash".

This stuff has to be cleared by the NHL and they do NOT like teams circumventing the CBA (which is why I'm not convinced Nashville will be given a pass on a potential cap recapture). "It hurts when I skate" doesn't really cut it.
They don't want to see blatant cap circumvention but they want to see teams prevented from icing competitive rosters because of decade+ old moves by gms that are no longer employed even less.

The time to stop those back diving contracts was at the time they were signed; forcing teams to use/waste cap space on players that no longer want to play is not in the best interest of any party

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Why are you laughing ?

What did you see that make you think Weber is a great leader ? I'm pretty sure you think he's a great leader because you heard the media/Babcock.

Since he came here, I see no improvement. The team crumbled and played like crap, while we still had some hope to make the playoffs.

Shaw took a shot to some of his teammates...

Great leadership, indeed... Almost no difference from last year.
You think he has no leadership because of what you see on television?????....:laugh:

You do realize that the cameraman does not have his lens pointed at Weber the entire game right??.......do you hear what’s being said on the ice and in the room by Weber??

Are you privy to hearing and seeing what’s being said at the practice facility and in that change room??

Do you know what he does with his teammates on his off days??

My guess it’s no to all of the above.....your comments lack thought and common sense.

McKinnon, McDavid, Rantanaan, Draistl, .....no cups, poor seasons.....does it mean they lack leadership?

Kopitar, Carter, Doughty.....they’ve must of lost their ability to lead, look, they have had an atrocious season.........I believe you should just walk away from this one before you embarrass yourself

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
You think he has no leadership because of what you see on television?????....:laugh:

You do realize that the cameraman does not have his lens pointed at Weber the entire game right??.......do you hear what’s being said on the ice and in the room by Weber??

Are you privy to hearing and seeing what’s being said at the practice facility and in that change room??

My guess it’s no to all of the above.....your comments lack thought and common sense.

McKinnon, McDavid, Rantanaan, Draistl, .....no cups, poor seasons.....does it mean they lack leadership?

Kopitar, Carter, Doughty.....they’ve must of lost their ability to lead, look, they have had an atrocious season.........I believe you should just walk away from this one before you embarrass yourself

Shea Weber's leadership is still real to me, dammit!

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head

What's the point of leadership, if it's not helping us to give it all on the ice, when it's matter ? Whatever Weber says inside the locker room, his teammates are not listening... Maybe he's lacking leadership or our players are all meat heads. Did you see this team play ? Maybe he should tell them that the season is not over yet.

We even have Shaw who's taking shots to some players in front of the media.

Oilers lack talent and depth, maybe leadership too, I don't know and Mcdavid was never presented as a guy with a mythical aura... You know what those teams have in common ? Their goaltending is beyond putrid, they lack depth and in King's case, leaders are not leading by example. They took the year off.

Losing =/= lack of leadership, but the GM made many changes the last three years and told us that this team is not playing the right way, because it lacks character, leadership, attitude... So he gave us the great Shea, a guy with a legendary aura.

Three years after we are still not playing the right way, players are not giving a shit about the playoffs and right now, Weber is carried by a guy who should be in the AHL.

I'm not embarrassing myself. But thank you for caring, unlike our team full of losers, from the top to the bottom.

Last edited:

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Lolwut? He's been carried by his mobile partner for his entire career. Look at Suter. A true workhorse for Minnesota after leaving Nashville. Josi might miss his size, but Weber misses Josi's skating and aggressive pucking-carrying for more.

I'm aware of that, I'm talking defensively. You found normal that our best d-man is carried by a guy who's still developing ?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Goes to show you how overrated leadership is.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
What's the point of leadership, if it's not helping us to give it all on the ice, when it's matter ? Whatever Weber says inside the locker room, his teammates are not listening... Maybe lack leadership or our players are all meat heads. Did you see this team play ? Maybe he should tell them that the season is not over yet.

We even have Shaw who's taking shot to some players in front of the media.

As it turns out, staring people down is a very effective tactic to stop people from ogling your girl at Cabana in 2011. Not so effective to get your teammates to play better than they really are.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

Frankly, I don't think teams should be retro-actively penalized. It was a loophole the NHL failed to address and teams took advantage. Punishing the teams by essentially handicapping one or two seasons just hurts the fans. They closed the loophole. Leave it at that.

Reactions: LaP

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
Gionta/Pacioretty/Weber.

No charisma.
Barely speaks with the media.
Made in porcelain (Weber).

And people on this board were happy with him instead of Gallagher.
Because you know, it would've been too much pressure to handle ...

And he's so freakin' slow man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad