Player Discussion Shea Weber - Dear Dad Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Weber's playing with a 20 years old rookie that was sent back to the AHL earlier in the season because he was lost on the ice! Cut the guy some slack...

Reactions: Victorius

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
His shot seems off these days.A bit erratic and softer than normal.

Jul 6, 2016
Weber's playing with a 20 years old rookie that was sent back to the AHL earlier in the season because he was lost on the ice! Cut the guy some slack...

Exactly. He has to compensate for Mete's mistakes and lack of physicality and experience. Too bad MB was unable this season to get him a better partner.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Is that why he got pushed around by Matthews?

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
We are making excuses and it's Mete's fault? If Weber can't cover for Mete then really that puts Mete at a disadvantage. It probably should only be Weber that pinches so that Mete and a faster forward can cover for him. Weber's lack of speed was very obvious last night and he has been beaten one on one recently behind the net. Those things are not Mete's fault.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Webers best D partner since he was a hab was Markov.
Sure! Markov is better than Emelin/Mete/Benn and Kulak!

He's played with f***ing scrubs since he's been here, to be honest, and still managed to be solid af out there and produce offensively!

People craping on this guy just have no clue!

Reactions: Deebs

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

He's played with ****ing scrubs since he's been here, to be honest, and still managed to be solid af out there and produce offensively!

My actual point is though, MB thought that Alzner would be his best partner and Markov was nothing more than an over the hill bum. The GM is the reason that Weber has not had a better partner! It all goes back to Marc!

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
My actual point is though, MB thought that Alzner would be his best partner and Markov was nothing more than an over the hill bum. The GM is the reason that Weber has not had a better partner! It all goes back to Marc!
Markov was on his last legs man, come on...

I love Markov but at one moment...

He thought Schlemko would be an ideal partner and that's probably even worse, to be honest. :laugh:

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

He's played with ****ing scrubs since he's been here, to be honest, and still managed to be solid af out there and produce offensively!

It's embarrassing but I expected nothing different. Him and Petry have been carrying the D and have done a fantastic job.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
39 GP9G14A23Total+11
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Yeah , i see ; he's finished

He's so done that we'll have to retain salary while trying to get rid of him! ...

It's embarrassing but I expected nothing different. Him and Petry have been carrying the D and have done a fantastic job.

Emelin looked like a top pair defenceman while playing with him enough said! :laugh:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Stop making excuses, he's over the hill, and soon to be far away.

Stop trying to use a small sample of games to pretend you know what the future is for sure. All players go through up and downs throughout every NHL season. Weber was never considered an elite level skater... not sure why we expect him to be today? Just weird.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Markov was on his last legs man, come on...

I love Markov but at one moment...

He thought Schlemko would be an ideal partner and that's probably even worse, to be honest. :laugh:
It's tough to build a competitve team under the leadership of a guy that far out of touch with reality. Through all of this do you still maintain the man is doing a great job or do you simply get off on the trolling thing?

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
It's tough to build a competitve team under the leadership of a guy that far out of touch with reality. Through all of this do you still maintain the man is doing a great job or do you simply get off on the trolling thing?
Bergevin un jour Bergevin toujours! :biglaugh:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Stop trying to use a small sample of games to pretend you know what the future is for sure. All players go through up and downs throughout every NHL season. Weber was never considered an elite level skater... not sure why we expect him to be today? Just weird.
Weber is not any slower today than he was when we got him but newsflash, the rest of the league is getting faster.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008

As if that impacts his speed of execution and his play with the puck agaisnt the boards.
Let me remind you he is signed at a cap hit of 7.8M for next 7 years (after the current season).
The main issue is that the flaws don't get better over time (they actually get worse especially in the direction the NHL is going).

He's far from awful and is still producing fairly well but he has too many glaring flaws to be a legit number 1 D , especially at the price point and the asset given to acquire him. He has no mobility and is slower than he was when he returned from injury , his puck handling skills are nearly non-existant , he doesn't have a great outlet pass. He is overly physical around the net , intimidates his opponents in the defensive zone and has a cannon of a slapper , that's where the pros end.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
It is the trolling thing just like I always thought. Cheers.

Is it that hard to accept a different opinion? Cheers!
He looks really ****ing slow. That has nothing to do with his partner.

Weber when he plays his game, he barely moves.

That's why he's effective even if he's slow.

He just cuts the angles and that's it, but when he needs to skate to cover for his partner he gets exposed.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Weber is not any slower today than he was when we got him but newsflash, the rest of the league is getting faster.

Not worried about Weber till he turns 36. He is going to get caught in foot races and lose and this is reality. This happened to him when he was in his late 20's too.

Weber's game is and has always been a booming shot from the point and smart and physical play in his own end. It's reasonable to expect some modest form of decline but it's always reasonable to expect up and down years. It's very normal for players in their early to mid 30's.

The more I think about it, I don't have him on my protection list for the Seattle draft. He will be 36 the following season and we would be protecting him for 2 years at age 36 and 37 where his contract is designed for him to retire at age 36 or 37.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad