Tribute Shea Weber: Gone to Vegas

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
They said his injury was at the start of the last western trip tho...

There is no way he would have played during mid season when habs had a huge lead in the playoff run. His decline started last season also. It's normal he's getting older , we all said that when we traded for him back then.
KK was saying last week that he founf hard to play games every 2 days . Imagine for a player as old as Weber

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
The thing about 30+ and especially 35+ players is that "battling injuries all year" isn't really something that you can just write off and say the player will be better once they take some time off and get healthy. Players at that age and especially big guys who play/played a physical game like Weber their entire career are going to be dealing with nagging injuries for the rest of their careers, "battling injuries" is just part of what you should be projecting his level of play at going forward.

It's not like Weber is going to take some time off and heal up nagging injuries and come back looking like it's the 2016-17 season again.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Werber will become a big problem moving forward. Because of his reputation and the way this management focus on character and leadership we will keep using him as our first d man even though he's not a first dman anymore. The weber - chiarot pairing was one of the many reason for the slump.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
The thing about 30+ and especially 35+ players is that "battling injuries all year" isn't really something that you can just write off and say the player will be better once they take some time off and get healthy. Players at that age and especially big guys who play/played a physical game like Weber their entire career are going to be dealing with nagging injuries for the rest of their careers, "battling injuries" is just part of what you should be projecting his level of play at going forward.

It's not like Weber is going to take some time off and heal up nagging injuries and come back looking like it's the 2016-17 season again.

Ask any player if he is 100% during the season and all player will tell you the only day they are 100% if the first day of the training camp. Injuries are part of the game and pretty much every 35+ years old are dealing with those constantly. The guy has been slowing down for many years now the writing was on the wall before the trade was made,

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell

I don't think you can generalize like that. It depends on the injuries and the player's "system" or ability to heal.

Ankle twist for ankle twist, I'm in my mid-30's now, I take about 4 days instead of 1 to recover fully compared with my 20's.

For all we know, Weber could show us the same intensity as last year's playoffs which was quite alright.

Paired with Chiarot for better or worse, after a good dozen crosschecks on Hyman and Foligno the Leafs will see them as The Mountain and The Hound. It's a Clegane on either side, pick your fight.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

It seem the hab wanted to release a video of Shea getting vaccinates then remove it afterwards. :rolleyes:

Yeah, because they stupidly showed at least one of his injuries. Looks like a brace for tendinitis of the thumb/wrist on his hand.

This explains why he struggled with handling the puck so much this year and was trying to do so many one handed poke checks / passes.

No doubt he was trying to play through it, but tendinitis can be extremely painful and limit mobility.

We're a week away now from playoff hockey and you have to wonder how much improvement there's been since he's been out.

If it's improved enough, we might get an exponentially better Weber. If not, he'll still be a giveaway machine.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Yeah, because they stupidly showed at least one of his injuries. Looks like a brace for tendinitis of the thumb/wrist on his hand.

This explains why he struggled with handling the puck so much this year and was trying to do so many one handed poke checks / passes.

No doubt he was trying to play through it, but tendinitis can be extremely painful and limit mobility.

We're a week away now from playoff hockey and you have to wonder how much improvement there's been since he's been out.

If it's improved enough, we might get an exponentially better Weber. If not, he'll still be a giveaway machine.

Cue the relentless slashing at his left hand by Simmonds, Foligno & co.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Then he shouldn't play.
Yeah as soon as I read this my immediate thought was "well why is he playing?".

If this is what he's been struggling with all season then fine whatever put him in but if this is on top of what was making him play terribly it could get really ugly

WG

Sep 9, 2008
Lavoie says that Weber is still injured, and that 99% of players wouldnt be able to play if they had his injury.

«99% des joueurs ne joueraient pas...» - TVA Sports
There's no doubt Weber is hurt and that he is manning up to play despite being less than 100%. And regardless of your feelings toward his play and contribution he has earned respect for offering to do so.

But this is the NHL. Guys play hurt all the time. I'm no doctor but maybe we're stretching the mythos of Weber a little to suggest his injury would keep anybody out of the lineup except him.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
He’s washed, plain and simple. It’s also easy to tell no one in the NHL is intimidated by captain molehill’s fake tough guy act anymore. He’s become a non factor physically, can’t hit the net nor make a pass, a complete liability out there. Now take a second and imagine having this pylon I’ve just described anchoring our backend for 5 more years lol, fun times ahead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad