Waived: Shayne Gostisbehere placed on waivers (Mar. 30); UPDATE : cleared waivers (Mar. 31)

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
What's with you playing these weird games about things nobody can know
Wow. You asked the question. I’m taking a guess to answer your question.
What else could it be? Have this player for free. No thanks.
Either the contract is bad, they think he stinks, or a combination.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
What's with you playing these weird games about things nobody can know

" I can tell you exactly why NAK wasn't claimed and contextualize the shit out of it to fit my argument.

But this Ghost guy? There can't be any other reason that he wasn't claimed other than every other GM thinks he isn't worth his contract. That much is cold hard truth."

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Exactly what I did. Yesterday was literally 3+ gallons H2O. Got Moderna #2 today at 3pm. Took three (3) Tylenol. Feel great. I'm 66. Waiting for the other shoe to drop but not yet. Arm feels as good as shot#1. I belive the secret is the H2O.
Glad this worked for someone else. Definitely my plan. I got moderna as well

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
" I can tell you exactly why NAK wasn't claimed and contextualize the shit out of it to fit my argument.

But this Ghost guy? There can't be any other reason that he wasn't claimed other than every other GM thinks he isn't worth his contract. That much is cold hard truth."

So what other reason could there be? I’m open to hear it. I thought he would definitely be claimed. I was shocked. So what might be these other reasons? Just wondering, do you mean personal issues, being a bad teammate what?

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018

Also talking nak, again, why wasn’t he claimed?
He’s a good 4th line player and wasn’t taken why?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
popcorn.gif

That's not popcorn you smell

07fa1ec2bc0ed3ecd01de9a71e660d8b.png

Reactions: Magua and Starat327

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Also talking nak, again, why wasn’t he claimed?
He’s a good 4th line player and wasn’t taken why?

That’s a bad take. The flyers snuck him thru at a time when all teams were in the same boat. They had to finalize rosters and had their own players to worry about. Not someone’s else 4th line player that would have to stay on the roster all year.
Said it then and stand by it. It was more about timing.
Ghost was waived with the hopes of him being claimed.

I dont know man, you seem to have the answers already, so im not sure why youre asking the question.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
you know its a flat cap world right ??

NO team has money to add, withit subtracting really..
Yes I do. There were 14 teams that had enough space. Actually 11 and three that needed to drop 1 contract. So if no one could have claimed him, why the outrage when he was put on waivers?

Reactions: WIP CALLER

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Exactly what I figured. Time to run along.

You listed the reasons why NAK was claimed in defense of the upper management. Then when you drew the logical conclusion that the same contextualization could apply to Ghost's situation, you played dumb.

So NAK clears waivers and he isnt valueless, its just that people are figuring out their rosters. But Ghost clears waivers and it couldnt possible have anything to do with few teams having the cap space to make the move, or teams being concerned about what next year looks like, or literally anything else. He's just valueless.

You also claimed that Management didnt want him, when they explicitly said they expected him to clear -- so if they "knew" he was going to clear, you cant draw that logical conclusion that they dont want him. But logic is hard when it gets in the way of your agenda, I get it.

Dont you have anything better to do, GB?

Last edited:
Reactions: Striiker

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
So let me get this straight. In addition to Ghost being the biggest victim in the history of the NHL and being so much better than two GM's and two coaches thought he was over the last few years.....AND in addition to 30 NHL teams saying no thanks to being able to get him for free.......he is now only being waived out of spite. So the Flyers organization is managing their team out of spite. Just when I think things can't possibly get any dumber someone always steps up and exceeds my very lofty expectations.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
You listed the reasons why NAK was claimed in defense of the upper management. Then when you drew the logical conclusion that the same contextualization could apply to Ghost's situation.

So NAK clears waivers and he isnt valueless, its just that people are figuring out their rosters. But Ghost clears waivers and it couldnt possible have anything to do with few teams having the cap space to make the move, or teams being concerned about what next year looks like, or literally anything else. He's just valueless.

You also claimed that Management didnt want him, when they explicitly said they expected him to clear -- so if they "knew" he was going to clear, you cant draw that logical conclusion that they dont want him. But logic is hard when it gets in the way of your agenda, I get it.

Dont you have anything better to do, GB?
I wasn’t defending management. I actually said this exact thing before the waiver results were known. Nak was snuck thru at the right time because everyone was having the same issue finishing up roster spots to get to their final rosters to start the season.

Right now, teams preparing to get their rosters straight for the playoffs should want a top 4 defenseman pp qb. Without giving up an asset. No?

I wouldn’t consider 14 teams being a”few”. And what is this throw away line or ‘literally anything else”. Name one. They were out to dinner with their family and forgot to put in a claim? They ran out of gas and had a dead phone?

I believe they wanted him gone. Because I assumed he would be taken. Since he wasn’t I could only draw the conclusion he didn’t have the value that his contract calls for.
I wonder how they could possibly “know” that he wouldn’t be claimed other than by the lack of trade interest, as in none he garnered.

If management “knew” he wouldn’t get claimed you are saying it was a brilliant move.

That’s funny about agendas. I have stuck up for ghost as much as anyone. Not striiker like.
GB?

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
So let me get this straight. In addition to Ghost being the biggest victim in the history of the NHL and being so much better than two GM's and two coaches thought he was over the last few years.....AND in addition to 30 NHL teams saying no thanks to being able to get him for free.......he is now only being waived out of spite. So the Flyers organization is managing their team out of spite. Just when I think things can't possibly get any dumber someone always steps up and exceeds my very lofty expectations.
It’s funny because I thought he was a lock to be claimed. So now it’s obvious why he wasn’t. But I’m the guy with an agenda. Priceless!

Reactions: The Madrigal

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I wouldn’t consider 14 teams being a”few”. And what is this throw away line or ‘literally anything else”. Name one. They were out to dinner with their family and forgot to put in a claim? They ran out of gas and had a dead phone?
Maybe it's just a league wide conspiracy against Ghost. Or maybe teams simply didn't claim him out of spite. Either way, Ghost is definitely a victim of something.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Did you think he would be claimed?
Nope. He's terrible defensively, doesn't produce enough offensively anymore to make up for it, and has multiple years left at a 4.5 million aav. That's not exactly a recipe for teams to be lining up to take the guy on their team. Considering how desperate many teams are to improve to their defense it says quite a bit that the whole league passed, despite the thoughts of a few holdouts who would rather continue doubling down on a loser than man up and cut their losses.

Reactions: WIP CALLER

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad