Waived: Shayne Gostisbehere placed on waivers (Mar. 30); UPDATE : cleared waivers (Mar. 31)

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
I remember when every GM not wanting NAK was proof that he was a garbage non-NHL player.

That ended up being wrong. Like I said, hockey GMs are largely not a horde of unmatchable brain-geniuses.
That’s a bad take. The flyers snuck him thru at a time when all teams were in the same boat. They had to finalize rosters and had their own players to worry about. Not someone’s else 4th line player that would have to stay on the roster all year.
Said it then and stand by it. It was more about timing.
Ghost was waived with the hopes of him being claimed.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I guess it’s revenge. But when no one picks him and obviously no one would trade for him is it really revenge? I thought it was that. But maybe many think that he’s nothing more then a 5-7 dman and possible pp qb, with a huge contract.
when you can waive a lesser Dman who makes 3 million and would ALSO clear waivers, yes, it's revenge.

I posted a week ago that it's clear the Flyers don't see Ghost as a top 4 Dman. Fletch has gone on and on how we need to add a partner for Provy.

But that still doesn't change the fact that we didn't "need" to waive Ghost. There were other options to expose a lesser player. Or to scratch Lindblom 1 game and Patrick the other...and expose no one.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
are we running a contest to see how many times someone can be wrong in a thread?
tenor.gif

Reactions: Starat327

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
That’s a bad take. The flyers snuck him thru at a time when all teams were in the same boat. They had to finalize rosters and had their own players to worry about. Not someone’s else 4th line player that would have to stay on the roster all year.
Said it then and stand by it. It was more about timing.
Ghost was waived with the hopes of him being claimed.

That would immensely stupid and the whole management team should be instantly fired if that's the case. People that stupid are incapable of building a contending team.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
That would immensely stupid and the whole management team should be instantly fired if that's the case. People that stupid are incapable of building a contending team.
But shouldn’t every gm who had cap space(roughly 14) be fired then?

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
when you can waive a lesser Dman who makes 3 million and would ALSO clear waivers, yes, it's revenge.

I posted a week ago that it's clear the Flyers don't see Ghost as a top 4 Dman. Fletch has gone on and on how we need to add a partner for Provy.

But that still doesn't change the fact that we didn't "need" to waive Ghost. There were other options to expose a lesser player. Or to scratch Lindblom 1 game and Patrick the other...and expose no one.
They wanted to rid themselves of a bad contract. Couldn’t get an asset. So were willing to give him up for free to add space. No takers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad