Rumor: Shaw not available in trade, but Galchenyuk is?

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
If Shaw will only be traded for a " special offer " , meaning overpayment , it tells me a couple of things.

One is that MB is going for play off money for the Boss next year.

Secondly, while I absolutely pray somebody offers us a real good young C, that MB may settle for the Brassard for Chucky type deal that makes people barf, out of desperation.

Third. This guy has learned nothing. CHaracter trumps skill. And you only find CHaracter in those rough and tumble bottom 6 guys.

Im kind of very concerned that MB is only now going to plunge us into a death spiral and everything else was just the lead up.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Even if true, Tremblay is a dick for reporting it. That said, there have been a troubling string of rumours of substance abuse within the org dating back to the kostitsyns. More than any other team and it can’t all be just because of the crazy media.

There is a huge difference between rumors and substantiated reports.

Also, "more than any other team" is pure conjecture as you or anyone else on this board, has no direct knowledge of what is going on with this team's alleged substance abuse violators vs. those on other teams. What we lead the league in is rumor-mongers who spread falsehoods from blogs where most of the time, they are doing their dirty deeds anonymously and without any credible sources.

Reactions: sandviper

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Bergevin ask other gms for offers for Shaw. Other gms are offering a 3rd round pick for Shaw. Bergevin gave two 2nd rounders for him. Bergevin says he is no more available, cause he looks like a ****in idiot.

If Bergevin was willing to trade Shaw for two 2nd rounders, then he would be available by definition. What the other teams are offering doesn't dictate the player availability. It just mean don't call for Shaw because we plan to keep him.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Realistically, what can we get for Shaw?
With the cap going up by at least 4 millions, his contract isnt as bad. Problem with Shaw is his concussions, how much will they affct his value?
And i assume we might have to take some salary back.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Jonathan Drouin (22 year old, converted winger to Center, French Speaker)
53 GP, 9 goals, 20 Assists, 29 points, 16 PIMS, minus 27.

I like how the language the guy speaks is being rolled out like an attribute in his profile.

I'm sure that JC Lajoie, Reggie Tremblay, Bert Raymond and Mario Langue-sale are all proud about how Drouin is scoring in French. :sarcasm:

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
If Shaw will only be traded for a " special offer " , meaning overpayment , it tells me a couple of things.

Secondly, while I absolutely pray somebody offers us a real good young C, that MB may settle for the Brassard for Chucky type deal that makes people barf, out of desperation.

Third. This guy has learned nothing. CHaracter trumps skill. And you only find CHaracter in those rough and tumble bottom 6 guys.

Im kind of very concerned that MB is only now going to plunge us into a death spiral and everything else was just the lead up.

The team is already in a vortex, rapidly moving downward in circles in a porcelain world.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I hear you (believe me). But if you make a living as an athlete, it’s different don’t you think? 20 or not, it affects your performance and you are competing these days with guys who are fitness/nutrition freaks and never touch anything worse than hemp seed.

I mean, yeah it should be different... but there’s s difference between ideal conditions and real world conditions too.

At the end of the day, these guys are essentially kids. Not everyone walks the same path, and not everyone can be squeaky clean “Mr.Canadiana” like Crosby or McDavid. We all make mistakes, and sometimes it’s not even something weve done but you’ve put yourself in a compromising situation you normally wouldn’t find yourself in.

I have a good example of this. I’ve never done cocaine in my life, however, many of my friends have. One time I went to a club with a group of my friends and one of my buddies tried to rip off a dealer, and we ended up in a “skirmish” with the dealer and two of his enforcers.

Am I a drug user? No. Am I a bad person? No. Had the situation been caught on camera would I look like I am one of those things? Very possible. I put myself in that situation because of who I was with, right or wrong. As we grow up we distance ourselves from these situations, or at least I have.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
The hate for Shaw is just WTF? :facepalm:

50C7AA1A-8C7B-434B-8B23-4B90C472C9E1.jpeg

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Yes he was responsible for all 30 of those goals. He should have stopped them all by himself. What a bum.

You just don't get it...

He was not responsible for all those goals but the stats are there!

You just told me that you want more goals than the opponent , well when Chucky's on the ice it's not happening!

Drouin is not better btw, this is not a "I hate Chucky" post. It is what it is...

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Laraque? Really? That guy is just trying to boost his radio ratings...

For him to be really useful he should produce a lot more, he's brutal 5on5.

If Bergevin can sell high I wouldn't hesitate one second.

You win with 200 foot players in this league.
So you would sell high on Drouin?

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
How come there's nothing about Gallagher and there was nothing about Pacioretty his whole career?

Stop trying to sell this as something that is normal...

There would have been stuff about Gallagher in his younger days. Because there was. Want to know why? He was young and carefree, like 99% of youngsters that age.

With whom do you think Chucky hung out with at NCG in his earlier days? I'll let you guess.

Reactions: Peanut

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

but-wait-theres-more-mgflip-com-offended-13483026.png

Like any good circus act, there is always a warm up.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
There would have been stuff about Gallagher in his younger days. Because there was. Want to know why? He was young and carefree, like 99% of youngsters that age.

With whom do you think Chucky hung out with at NCG in his earlier days? I'll let you guess.
Gally and Chucky made the league at the same time buddy...

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
If by booster you mean recognizing accomplishments and contributions, I'm certainly guilty of that.

You won't however, find examples of me crapping on players regularly, or coming up with infantile nicknames for them.

You might also consider sildenafil for those terribly limp comebacks.
Rah Rah Rah! How's grandma's basement?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad