Rumor: Shaw not available in trade, but Galchenyuk is?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
5855572_orig.gif

un-f***ing-believable.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
ahh... if nothing else doesn't this Just Summarize Marc Bergevin in its entirety???

Does not want to trade a rough and tumble, grinder with Kharcter and Rispeck over some dirty fithy russian sounding american who has actual talent.... as a winger ? Not a center....

This is the epitome that is Marc Barginbin's assessment of talent.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
This is Darren Dreger we're talking about. He knows less about the Canadiens then anyone out there. His source isn't in the Habs but "what he's hearing out there."

Guy has zero cred in my books. Wouldn't be surprised to see Shaw be the first player to get traded and Dreger talk it back with the "well you just never know."

More to stress about in Habs world than this comment.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Lucic - Danault - Ryder first line confirmed next year
This makes me wonder. I wouldn't even be surprised that Bergevin would make a trade such as Galchenyuk for Lucic + 5th round pick or something along these lines. I mean, it would end Galchenyuk's position controversy. Lucic is a big guy, can hack off the opponents' balls off with his stick. Has grit, rispeks Claude Julien's system. Also gets one of those delicious 5th rounders that he loves so much.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
ahh... if nothing else doesn't this Just Summarize Marc Bergevin in its entirety???

Does not want to trade a rough and tumble, grinder with Kharcter and Rispeck over some dirty fithy russian sounding american who has actual talent.... as a winger ? Not a center....

This is the epitome that is Marc Barginbin's assessment of talent.

Exactly. Can't wait until this team overpays a winger in UFA this summer for reasons.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Character >>>> Talent.

We all know this to be true. You win with guys like Shaw in the NHL, just look at how many cups he has.
The ironic thing is Galchenyuk has shown a ridiculous amount of character with all the shit shoveled his way over the past year or so and has never once complained. He went out and played hockey. This season he's putting in amazing effort and has seemingly become the player that management wanted him to become, which is a hard worker with tons of skill.

Instead, the organization goes out and takes Chucky out of his position for a guy who demanded a trade, didn't report to the AHL and got suspended for it, and gives Pacioretty every chance in the book despite him putting in NO effort whatsoever for the majority of this season because he shuts down when things get tough.

This is ridiculous.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
The ironic thing is Galchenyuk has shown a ridiculous amount of character with all the **** shoveled his way over the past year or so and has never once complained. He went out and played hockey. This season he's putting in amazing effort and has seemingly become the player that management wanted him to become, which is a hard worker with tons of skill.

Instead, the organization goes out and takes Chucky out of his position for a guy who demanded a trade, didn't report to the AHL and got suspended for it, and gives Pacioretty every chance in the book despite him putting in NO effort whatsoever for the majority of this season because he shuts down when things get tough.

This is ridiculous.

What's ridiculous is you painting Galchenyuk as some kinda saint while vilifying Drouin & Pacioretty.

Ah man...it's a good thing the crap NHL players do outside the rink doesn't really make it out to the public.

Yikes!

Reactions: Amerika

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Anything involving Brian Wilde and Recrutes is Eklund-level.

The tweet message is sandwiched between the words "apparently" and "#OnVerra" -- hey Brian, any more caveats you can throw in there? I think I found another one, it's the fact of YOU "reporting" this pile of BS.

Why are we giving Wilde so much attention, this is no better than other stuff we've been posting and referencing, without dedicating a thread to it.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Anything involving Brian Wilde and Recrutes is Eklund-level.

The tweet message is sandwiched between the words "apparently" and "#OnVerra" -- hey Brian, any more caveats you can throw in there? I think I found another one, it's the fact of YOU "reporting" this pile of BS.

Why are we giving Wilde so much attention, this is no better than other stuff we've been posting and referencing, without dedicating a thread to it.

Forgot to add it was from Dreger initially

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
While i'm not even buying this 'rumor' even slightly...

Who do you guys think is more likely to get the Habs what they need/want

Alex Galchenyuk or Andrew Shaw?

You don`t trade your best player because he will return the most. You don`t see the Pens trading Crosby because he would return the most. And no, I am not comparing Crosby and Galchenyuk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad