Rumor: Shaw not available in trade, but Galchenyuk is?

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
And why the **** wouldn’t he if it gives us a good prospect or pick? It’s not like we’re in a cup winning situation. Deslauriers is giving us exactly what Shaw was suppose to give us at a quarter of the price anyway.

I like Deslauriers and am meh on Shaw but Shaw is better then Deslauriers

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
of course not but that is a different conversation

No, that is the conversation.

I don't think the value drop between Shaw and Deslauriers is enough to support Shaw's contract.

The poster said D'Lo gives us what Shaw was supposed to at a quarter of the price. While not exactly right (Shaw is a better offensive player) this year it's not as different as it might look.

GOALS
Deslauriers: 7
Shaw: 10

ASSISTS
Deslauriers: 3
Shaw: 9

Deslauriers is a lot less penalized while still playing an aggressive game, and while +/- doesn't mean much, Shaw is a -9 and D'Lo is a +9.

Ready for the real kicker?

7 of Shaw's points arepowerplay points. Meaning at even strength, it's Shaw's 12 to Deslaurier's 9.

3 point ESP difference for $3M. Deslauriers might not be providing exactly what Shaw provides, but he ain't far off for under a million. Might as well.

Reactions: sandviper

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Shawzie is not in play says Dreger and I believe it. I don't agree with it but I believe it with this GM.
Lebrun also saying the same thing, would take an offer Bergevin can't refuse to move him. He says Bergevin wants to instill a good culture in the room with players like Gallagher, Weber, and Shaw.

Reactions: sheed36

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick

I don't think the value drop between Shaw and Deslauriers is enough to support Shaw's contract.

The poster said D'Lo gives us what Shaw was supposed to at a quarter of the price. While not exactly right (Shaw is a better offensive player) this year it's not as different as it might look.

GOALS

ASSISTS

Deslauriers is a lot less penalized while still playing an aggressive game, and while +/- doesn't mean much, Shaw is a -9 and D'Lo is a +9.

7 of Shaw's points arepowerplay points. Meaning at even strength, it's Shaw's 12 to Deslaurier's 9.

3 point ESP difference for $3M. Deslauriers might not be providing exactly what Shaw provides, but he ain't far off for under a million. Might as well.

Wrong again

Deslauriers is giving us exactly what Shaw was suppose to give us

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Lebrun also saying the same thing, would take an offer Bergevin can't refuse to move him. He says Bergevin wants to instill a good culture in the room with players like Gallagher, Weber, and Shaw.

Yeah that good culture is working out just great this season. Maybe after MB is finally fired he'll reflect back on his time being a first time GM and will see that maybe he should've concentrated on acquiring more talent and less character without talent and that's where he may have went wrong.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
You trade Shaw and get a good prospect and a draft pick,then if you want to replace him you sign someone like Roussel on July 1st for a lot less than 3.9 million for 4 more years.

GoHabsGo76

Fire Bergevin
Apr 16, 2009
Hawthorne, NJ
Sickening if this is true.

Is Wilde really reliable though? All I know from the short time I followed him on twitter is that he seemed to kiss Bergevin's ass constantly and continued to peddle the whole "trades are hard" "finding a 1C is hard" "we are actually better than you think" "our prospects are better than you think" BS.

I couldn't take it anymore so I unfollowed him.

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario

Such a great culture

Gallagher, a guy with so much CHaracter he was so jealous of a former teammate getting publicity for donating a measly 10 million$ to the children's hospital that he asked for him to be traded. So much CHaracter he couldn't stop complaining about all the media attention he got for visiting LITERAL sick kids with cancer with his new teammates.

Weber, a guy with so much CHaracter he destroyed his team's chances of being able to contend a few years ago by signing an outrageous offer sheet with Philly. Not like that CHaracter-less bum Subban, who signed a long term deal.

And Shaw. A guy with so much grit and CHaracter he gets penalties at the worst moments constantly and has yelled the F word (gay insult) so much at players that we've been able to document it on video on more than one occasion.

So much CHaracter in this room. Bravo, Marc.

mikeysvette

Go Seadogs!
Mar 31, 2011
Saint John
Sickening if this is true.

Is Wilde really reliable though? All I know from the short time I followed him on twitter is that he seemed to kiss Bergevin's ass constantly and continued to peddle the whole "trades are hard" "finding a 1C is hard" "we are actually better than you think" "our prospects are better than you think" BS.

I couldn't take it anymore so I unfollowed him.

You must of unfollowed him awhile back because he's not like that now. He doesn't agree much of what Bergevin has done or NOT done lately. But as far as reporters or "insiders" like Dreger, he seems to hold them up on a pedestal like they a god...IMO Dreger is not. "Maybe available" and "Might be interested" isn't insider work to me.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

I don't think Bergevin understand how good cultures are cultivated. Edmonton has basically spent a decade trying to fix their team culture (like bringing in guys like Ference, Lucic, Russell, etc.). Winning is a great fix for team culture, which requires vision, talent and good team building.

All Montreal seems to be doing is trying to create a repressive team culture that's fragile to unique challenges or internal challenges. Its important, but focusing to much on it seems to be the equivalent of picking at a scab. Just put together a good roster with talent and use the coaching and support staff to help foster a good work environment.

icerocket

Jan 4, 2008
Atlantis
How do you build a good culture? By using the talent you have in the right situations and developping confidence through on ice performances that lead to winning.

Of course you need to start at the top and it has been a looong time since the Habs actually had someone with true character there.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
So, any trades any other GM in the league would not do, we should expect from Bergevin...

Got it.

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
This is tactics 101 for GMs lol but with MB .. You think for a second and that is scary lol

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

GOALS

ASSISTS

Interesting analysis but completely irrelevant. The fact remains Shaw's $3m extra has to do with each $1.5m cup.

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad