Rumor: Shaw not available in trade, but Galchenyuk is?

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
The fact he could fetch the most probably has something to do with it, wouldn't you say?

Look, i'm not talking about giving Galchenyuk away...but the Habs clearly need help in a of areas and if a team is interested in Galchenyuk, the Habs are more than likely able to get more for Galchenyuk than they would for Shaw.

I mean, how can you seriously argue against that?

Once more, that doesn't mean I want him traded...but if a team is willing to pony up for Galchenyuk, how can you not consider it?

Habs are 2nd last in the Eastern Conference, no one should be untouchable.

Agree but if you`re retooling, I see no reason to not keep the 23 year old who been playing lights out. Just because they suck doesn`t mean everyone has to go. Galchenyuk is part of the solution, not the problem.

Pacioretty, a 29 year old perimeter player, is part of the problem not the solution

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Agree but if you`re retooling, I see no reason to not keep the 23 year old who been playing lights out. Just because they suck doesn`t mean everyone has to go. Galchenyuk is part of the solution, not the problem.

Pacioretty, a 29 year old perimeter player, is part of the problem not the solution
Once again...the team is what? 27th overall?

I think everyone is part of the problem.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Party animal/NHL substance abuse program come to mind.

Don't know about the "party animal" stuff, but the NHL substance abuse program was confirmed.

As much as he's had his own issues in past years, would it be fair to say that nothing negative has surfaced off ice since the start of the season and that he appears to be totally focused on his game right now?

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Don't know about the "party animal" stuff, but the NHL substance abuse program was confirmed.

As much as he's had his own issues in past years, would it be fair to say that nothing negative has surfaced off ice since the start of the season and that he appears to be totally focused on his game right now?
Out of all the players on a team full of young millionaires, Galchenyuk is the only party animal? In Montreal of all places.:laugh:

Reactions: Forum93

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL

Was it confirmed? You got a link? I don't remember anything ever being confirmed...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Once again...the team is what? 27th overall?

I think everyone is part of the problem.

I don't know how a team so poorly constructed has any untouchables. Everyone should be made available. And enough for this love of grinders already, the Therrien era is supposed to have ended last year.

Maybe Julien is just another dinosaur but with milder manners. I wonder how much input Julien had in Bergevin acquiring all those lugs at last year's TDL.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I don't know how a team so poorly constructed has any untouchables. Everyone should be made available. And enough for this love of grinders already, the Therrien era is supposed to have ended last year.

Maybe Julien is just another dinosaur but with milder manners. I wonder how much input Julien had in Bergevin acquiring all those lugs at last year's TDL.
Oh no doubt 100% he is and what's more is he actually won a Cup doing it which probably reinforces his ideology.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Was it confirmed? You got a link?

Is Mario Tremblay a reliable source? :laugh:

You know what they say about individuals in a drunken state.

You may have a point, I don't think anyone else but Tremblay mentioned it.

callmek2

Go Habs Go!
Oct 5, 2011
What's ridiculous is you painting Galchenyuk as some kinda saint while vilifying Drouin & Pacioretty.

Ah man...it's a good thing the crap NHL players do outside the rink doesn't really make it out to the public.

Yikes!

Haven't you villified Plekanec for his underwhelming performanes in the role on the ice for years?

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Is Mario Tremblay a reliable source? :laugh:

You know what they say about individuals in a drunken state.

You may have a point, I don't think anyone else but Tremblay mentioned it.
Let's just say he's far from being the most reliable/objective media figure related to the Habs.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Out of all the players on a team full of young millionaires, Galchenyuk is the only party animal? In Montreal of all places.:laugh:

For sure, none of these guys are choir boys. However, the term "party animal" can mean a lot of things, some of them encompassing substance abuse and breaking team rules. I'm not a fan of gossip, so who knows without facts being reported by a reliable source.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
A BLUNT violation of the confidentiality policy!

Right at the top of the article and the nark was Tremblay, talk about stones and glass houses.:laugh: Where does he also happen to be an employee?:laugh: Oh yeah, the galchenyuk cheer leading station. This is pathetic, wow, very very low.
Ohh I agree, which is why my initial reaction to first hearing that Mario Tremblay radio segment was of wondering whether he was drunk. Anyway, we're straying from the topic.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
So Draisaitl is part of the problem in Edmonton? Eichel is part of the problem in Buffalo ?
Yes of course...doesn't mean you trade them all.

But when you're having a season like the Habs are, or the Oilers or Sabres...no one should be safe.

FinnHab

May 24, 2006
overseas...
We have GM who says ”we build via draft, this is not Playstation” And what he does? Dump Sergachev away and if rumours are correct, Galchenyuk is next? WTF!?

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Anything involving Brian Wilde and Recrutes is Eklund-level.

The tweet message is sandwiched between the words "apparently" and "#OnVerra" -- hey Brian, any more caveats you can throw in there? I think I found another one, it's the fact of YOU "reporting" this pile of BS.

Why are we giving Wilde so much attention, this is no better than other stuff we've been posting and referencing, without dedicating a thread to it.

This. Can't pick and choose. Wilde sucks (he does) or he doesn't.

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad