Value of: Shattenkirk at 50% (3.325m×2yrs)

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I'm pretty sure DW went after Shattenkirk (or maybe it was Oshie) several years ago.

I think he'd be a great 2nd pairing RD. We need a PMD to pair w/ Vlasic. We'd probably have to do a cap dump like Melker Karlsson, a serviceable 4th liner.
If we hold 50%, I don't think we want a cap dump back. If we're talking cap dumps coming back then you can take him at the full price.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
If we hold 50%, I don't think we want a cap dump back. If we're talking cap dumps coming back then you can take him at the full price.

Sharks could take less than 50% retention to add a cap dump. Or full 50% and find another team to take on M. Karlsson.

Zero chance he wants to be traded. Significantly higher chance he actually will be traded.

He has a 10-team no trade NTC so he really has no choice.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Why Is dumping a 2m forward in the last year of his deal a prerequisite to this trade? SJS are not even in cap trouble, are they?

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
Why Is dumping a 2m forward in the last year of his deal a prerequisite to this trade? SJS are not even in cap trouble, are they?

Not necessarily a prerequisite but the Sharks have a lot of unsigned fwds - the key ones being Pavelski, Meier, Labanc and Nyqvist.

Sharks could take on Shattenkirk's full $6.65M AAV but if so, then a cap dump would likely be in the deal going back and it's the Rangers that are adding sweeteners to take on the full cap hit.

What are the Rangers' needs? There are 2 deals to explore: Shattenkirk at full cap hit or retained (to some degree up to 50%).

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Not necessarily a prerequisite but the Sharks have a lot of unsigned fwds - the key ones being Pavelski, Meier, Labanc and Nyqvist.

Sharks could take on Shattenkirk's full $6.65M AAV but if so, then a cap dump would likely be in the deal going back and it's the Rangers that are adding sweeteners to take on the full cap hit.

What are the Rangers' needs? There are 2 deals to explore: Shattenkirk at full cap hit or retained (to some degree up to 50%).
Tough to say really. If you have any young physical forwards, that could help. Really, the Rangers are just loading up with futures. I don't know if Shatty at 50% brings back a first. They seem to love these conditional deals lately. Maybe one of those would work.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I always thought Shattenkirk should move to Chicago. Then have a previously unknown cousin from a remote Greek island move in with him.

perfect_strangers.larry_appleton.jpg

kevin-shattenkirk-2013-36.jpg

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
TB may make a move for him if they strike out on EK and they dont want to re-sign Stralman, Coburn, or Girardi. They had an interest in trading for him when he was in St. Louis and they were the other team bidding for his services when he reached UFA.

Reactions: zaqq

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
A 2nd rounder and Manning

Done.

If we're holding 3.325, I don't think we take a cap dump like Manning back too. The deal is more attractive without him.

Manning has 1 year left, and if we send him down, it's only about 1.5 million against the cap. We get an early 2nd, free up room, and save 50% of Shatty's cap the following year. I'm ok with that.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
I'm pretty sure DW went after Shattenkirk (or maybe it was Oshie) several years ago.

I think he'd be a great 2nd pairing RD. We need a PMD to pair w/ Vlasic. We'd probably have to do a cap dump like Melker Karlsson, a serviceable 4th liner.

It was Shattenkirk and Oshie to SJ for Hertl and the 2015 1st round pick which SJ used on Meier. SJ backed out of the deal and the Blues were pissed.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018

According to the genius Larry Brooks there is no interest in Shattenkirk even with 50% retained. I find that hard to believe and Brooks is an imbecile who should have retired 10 years ago.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
According to the genius Larry Brooks there is no interest in Shattenkirk even with 50% retained. I find that hard to believe and Brooks is an imbecile who should have retired 10 years ago.

I don't like Brooks at all either but I do think he is the one guy in NY that has actual contacts within the organization.
All of the other beat writers are hot garbage.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I'd give up a B/C prospect and a 3rd round.
Wade Allison+3rd for Shatty @ 50%?
He sucks man
he doesn’t. DeAngelo just outperformed him by a lot which led to Shatty’s PP mins decreasing. His skating has taken a hit since the injury though but he isn’t a liability defensively and can move the puck. Decent 4D right now and I think he’ll bounce back

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad