Value of: Shattenkirk at 50% (3.325m×2yrs)

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
RHD, offensive minded, a little loose in his own zone, still probably ok on the PP and serviceable in the top 4 with a responsible partner.

Who needs someone like this, and whatcha got in exchange?

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
If we're holding 3.325, I don't think we take a cap dump like Manning back too. The deal is more attractive without him.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
actually a 3.250 he's worth something half decent, I can see GMs that need offense from their D giving up a 2nd/3rd+B prospect for him...

But I wouldnt count on getting an established young prospect if I were NYR

Last edited:

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
He turned down seven years from Tampa around $49 million if I remember right to sign four years with the Rangers? Has his career really gone down the tubes that bad? Agents around the league will probably use him as an example as to why you should always try and get max term on a deal.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Oilers can't spare a forward but a prospect like Jones or Bear and a pick that isn't in the 1st round would be acceptable. Shattenkirk could allow them to develop Bouchard properly instead of rushing him.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
How about your Devils lol

Grabner deal happened so another could

What he’s pointing out is that Shattenkirk took a discount to come home and play for the Rangers, so unless he’s traded somewhere close, he doesn’t see it happening. However, I believe Shattenkirk’s no trade is only a limited one, so it might not matter.

The Grabner trade is an apples to oranges comparison.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
What he’s pointing out is that Shattenkirk took a discount to come home and play for the Rangers, so unless he’s traded somewhere close, he doesn’t see it happening. However, I believe Shattenkirk’s no trade is only a limited one, so it might not matter.

The Grabner trade is an apples to oranges comparison.

Devils wanted Shatty and now they get him at 50 off... plus Devils D could use him

Likely only costs a pick

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
At 50% ret id give him a shot

2nd 2020, Connor Brown, Cond 3rd 2021 if he puts up 40 points

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
What happened to this guy? If the Sharks lose out on EK and the Rangers are looking to retain on Shattenkirk, Sharks should get in on this. He'd be a decent 2nd pairing RD.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
What happened to this guy? If the Sharks lose out on EK and the Rangers are looking to retain on Shattenkirk, Sharks should get in on this. He'd be a decent 2nd pairing RD.
His first year he hurt his knee in training camp, played decently the first half of the season but was clearly not fully healthy and missed the second half because of it, and the past season he was basically back to himself at 5v5, but he had his worst year of his career on the PP and the lowest sh% of his career. He's still a good player.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
His first year he hurt his knee in training camp, played decently the first half of the season but was clearly not fully healthy and missed the second half because of it, and the past season he was basically back to himself at 5v5, but he had his worst year of his career on the PP and the lowest sh% of his career. He's still a good player.

Thanks.

If you guys do sign EK, then I bet the Sharks will inquire about Shattenkirk. Looks to me like the Rangers would have a logjam on the right side w/ EK, Deangelo and Smith.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Thanks.

If you guys do sign EK, then I bet the Sharks will inquire about Shattenkirk. Looks to me like the Rangers would have a logjam on the right side w/ EK, Deangelo and Smith.
I thought the same thing a couple of days ago that he would be a good fit for SJ if we did move him. u are right about the logjam, and Even without EK we have Shattenkirk, ADA, Pionk, and Fox so he still might be on the move. With EK on board I don't see how he sticks around

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
I thought the same thing a couple of days ago that he would be a good fit for SJ if we did move him. u are right about the logjam, and Even without EK we have Shattenkirk, ADA, Pionk, and Fox so he still might be on the move. With EK on board I don't see how he sticks around

I'm pretty sure DW went after Shattenkirk (or maybe it was Oshie) several years ago.

I think he'd be a great 2nd pairing RD. We need a PMD to pair w/ Vlasic. We'd probably have to do a cap dump like Melker Karlsson, a serviceable 4th liner.

Reactions: zaqq

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad