GDT: Sharks vs Wild 7:30pm, We can finally settle who is the better team (it was the Wild)

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
images

When they were talking about the Miracle on Ice anniversary, I was thinking: "Look where we are now. Ryan Suter's career is winding down and he's playing in an empty arena with a non-medal '92 Olympic hockey player reminiscing about the past with a drunk broadcaster. :sarcasm: (Hedican did meet his wife. And Hahn is just doing his job. So, kudos to them. :thumbu:)

Same thing with Parise and Couture. Once upon a time Parise might've been the next Yzerman for a powerhouse Devils team. And Couture was the next Parise. Years later, they're both playing in an empty arena with two teams fighting to be the worst in the west. :sarcasm:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Im over saying its goaltending. I am on board with our forwards dont know how to shoot
Yeah I've noticed that the Sharks seem to get a ton of dangerous chances for but they somehow the goaltender makes a huge save. It seems that it's always so difficult for the Sharks to score but always so easy for the other team. I mean just look at this game. Burns has to make a highlight reel play and Couture's goal took some major skill too, but all the Wild goals seemed to be easy and stoppable.

Reactions: Alwalys

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Am I the only person that thinks it was pretty lame of Foligno to fight Knyzhov?
He didn't know the guy, or the fact that he couldn't fight, I'm sure. Knyzhov was the guy who stepped up.

I actually have some respect for him for telling the refs to stop the fight rather than just pummeling him for the fun of it.

Reactions: NiWa

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
He didn't know the guy, or the fact that he couldn't fight, I'm sure. Knyzhov was the guy who stepped up.

I actually have some respect for him for telling the refs to stop the fight rather than just pummeling him for the fun of it.
Looked like Foligno picked him to me.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

He just said let's go. Foligno didn't look like he would've engaged if Knyzhov chose not to do so. Knyzhov did his part and Foligno did his job and laid off when he knew Knyzhov was in over his head. Kid still did well taking those punches.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Am I the only person that thinks it was pretty lame of Foligno to fight Knyzhov?

He just said let's go. Foligno didn't look like he would've engaged if Knyzhov chose not to do so. Knyzhov did his part and Foligno did his job and laid off when he knew Knyzhov was in over his head. Kid still did well taking those punches.

Yeah that was all knyzhov, they got into a little shoving match off the faceoff and knyzhov lost his stick. Once he picked up his stick the rest of the play was him just following foligno around the ice until the whistle blows and he gives him a little shoulder with a crosscheck followed.

Kynzhov might not have actually wanted to fight, but the actions leading up to it was him asking for a response.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
So he picked him. Lame.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Yeah that was all knyzhov, they got into a little shoving match off the faceoff and knyzhov lost his stick. Once he picked up his stick the rest of the play was him just following foligno around the ice until the whistle blows and he gives him a little shoulder with a crosscheck followed.

Kynzhov might not have actually wanted to fight, but the actions leading up to it was him asking for a response.
But it literally happened where they were standing for the faceoff?

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
But it literally happened where they were standing for the faceoff?

No it happened at the wild opposite side of ice blue line. Kynzhov had 1 thing on his mind after the altercation at the faceoff and that was to get into foligno's face. He just bite off way more then he could chew. He is a rookie, he hopefully either learns to fight or learns not to go after someone like foligno again.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Probably because he’s been wildly inconsistent his entire career. For ever good year there’s 1-2 years where his stats disappoint.
Wildly inconsistent yes, but nothing compared to how he's been the last year and a bit. Was he worth 9? No, but he's a steady 30+ goal, 50-60 point guy. He's in that Kane range except not as physical. Still, no one could have seen this dropoff. It's as if anyone that goes to Buffalo just dies. Hall, Okposo, Skinner...

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
No it happened at the wild opposite side of ice blue line. Kynzhov had 1 thing on his mind after the altercation at the faceoff and that was to get into foligno's face. He just bite off way more then he could chew. He is a rookie, he hopefully either learns to fight or learns not to go after someone like foligno again.
Sorry got they cut off the video of the faceoff a while before the fight so I mixed it up. He followed foligno because he's his man, no?
Foligno elbowed him up high off the faceoff, so yeah. Lame. Maybe the fight wasn't the lame part.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Yeah. It’s an awful deal now but people are acting like Skinner wasn’t productive prior to moving to Buffalo. Dude had over 200 goals in Carolina.

I'm disputing that at all, I was saying that Eichel lifted him to the most productive season of his career and was doing so in a tongue in cheek mannner

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
Sorry got they cut off the video of the faceoff a while before the fight so I mixed it up. He followed foligno because he's his man, no?
Foligno elbowed him up high off the faceoff, so yeah. Lame. Maybe the fight wasn't the lame part.

The only lame part was that two bottom dwelling teams bothered to fight in a meaning game in an empty arena. ;)

Otherwise, Knyzhov and Foligno were just playing the tough guy game within the game. Initiate extra contact to gain a physical edge in the game. Do what you can get away with. But, if it gets called out, duke it out and call a temporary ceasefire on the dirty play.

Knyzhov didn't necessarily have to escalate it immediately. He could have just finished some checks on Foligno or did a little dirty on his own. But, he's a young guy and that's the route he chose. Even though he lost the fight, it builds his rep as not the easiest target.

Reactions: Alwalys

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
The only lame part was that two bottom dwelling teams bothered to fight in a meaning game in an empty arena. ;)

Otherwise, Knyzhov and Foligno were just playing the tough guy game within the game. Initiate extra contact to gain a physical edge in the game. Do what you can get away with. But, if it gets called out, duke it out and call a temporary ceasefire on the dirty play.

Knyzhov didn't necessarily have to escalate it immediately. He could have just finished some checks on Foligno or did a little dirty on his own. But, he's a young guy and that's the route he chose. Even though he lost the fight, it builds his rep as not the easiest target.

Well considering the absolute beating he got it might not of worked that well.

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007

So that's Gabriel's enforcer schtick - convince everyone else that they should be the ones fighting, not him. :sarcasm:

Although, I'm not sure why Donato is practicing this unless he wants to fight lightweights. Maybe it'd be more effective for Marchment to teach open ice hitting or something.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Wildly inconsistent yes, but nothing compared to how he's been the last year and a bit. Was he worth 9? No, but he's a steady 30+ goal, 50-60 point guy. He's in that Kane range except not as physical. Still, no one could have seen this dropoff. It's as if anyone that goes to Buffalo just dies. Hall, Okposo, Skinner...
Yeah, there’s something toxic in the falls up there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad