GDT: Sharks vs Wild 7:30pm, We can finally settle who is the better team (it was the Wild)

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017

Balcers-Hertl-Meier
Kane-Couture-Labanc
Nieto-Marleau-Leonard
Donato-Gregor-Sorenson

Ferraro-Burns
Vlasic-Knyzhov
Claesson-Meloche

Jones

Silly person, don't you know? An opinion poll settles which team is better, not wins and losses. If they tie, then fancy stats prove it apparently. :sarcasm:

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Can anyone explain why Donato is getting poor deployment the last week or two? And now fourth line? Why?
To light a fire. He's been out played the last few games. BB clearly has no problem moving guys up mid game if they earn ice time. Just a little slump for him. He seemed to carry the team effort wise the first couple weeks, he's probably a little tired. He'll get going again.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
To light a fire. He's been out played the last few games. BB clearly has no problem moving guys up mid game if they earn ice time. Just a little slump for him. He seemed to carry the team effort wise the first couple weeks, he's probably a little tired. He'll get going again.
Thanks! I'm also watching for Leonard to hopefully get a shot on that top 6. Something tells me when all is done, either Donato or Leonard will be a staple in that top 6. Or maybe that's just my hope...

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
Can anyone explain why Donato is getting poor deployment the last week or two? And now fourth line? Why?

It's part of the superiority complex game vs the Wild. The goalie you gave us isn't even good enough to start this game. The winger you traded is but a lowly 4th liner with our roster.

Reactions: JohnLennon

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Is it? How many home run draft picks has this team made in the last 5 years?

Not home run, but that is probably not a fair metric to measure a team like the Sharks that have frequently traded high picks for roster players and until recently have drafted late. Look at it from the perspective that tonight's starting lineup includes players the Sharks took with a 4th, a 5th, and 2 6th round picks within that window. Not to mention an undrafted player in Knyzhov. None is a world beater, but the Sharks would certainly be in a world of hurt if they didn't draft as well as they do.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Not home run, but that is probably not a fair metric to measure a team like the Sharks that have frequently traded high picks for roster players and until recently have drafted late. Look at it from the perspective that tonight's starting lineup includes players the Sharks took with a 4th, a 5th, and 2 6th round picks within that window. Not to mention an undrafted player in Knyzhov. None is a world beater, but the Sharks would certainly be in a world of hurt if they didn't draft as well as they do.
Since the 2012 Draft, the Sharks have had 13 drafted players play a game in the NHL. 13 out of 45 (I didn't include the 2020 class). Outside of Ferraro and Lebanc our scouting department hasn't found a single player of higher value. Goldobin, Mueller, Jeremy Roy all massive busts.

We don't draft well.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Since the 2012 Draft, the Sharks have had 13 drafted players play a game in the NHL. 13 out of 45 (I didn't include the 2020 class). Outside of Ferraro and Lebanc our scouting department hasn't found a single player of higher value. Goldobin, Mueller, Jeremy Roy all massive busts.

We don't draft well.
I dislike that sentiment. Sharks produced like the 5th highest NHLers from 2005-2015, and consistently drafted very low. In my opinion, drafting since Doug Jrs department took over has looked fantastic but is still young.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I dislike that sentiment. Sharks produced like the 5th highest NHLers from 2005-2015, and consistently drafted very low. In my opinion, drafting since Doug Jrs department took over has looked fantastic but is still young.

We used to be fantastic at finding later round talent! The detroit of the West (Even though they were in the West lol). We'd consistently find talent in the 6th and 7th rounds but not anymore. Doesn't matter where you're drafting at that point. We almost outsmart ourselves sometimes. I remember how angry I was when he took Meier when the top European, Rantanen was still available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad