GDT: Sharks vs. Golden Knights 6:00pm Marleau's last game?

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
Yeah but how many of those guys would you really want playing on the 4th line at this stage in their careers? I'm still fine with him being a 4th liner if they actually just let him stay there instead of moving him up the lineup anytime someone gets injured. I don't want anyone with any semblance of a top-nine future to toil on the 4th line here. For a team that is either rebuilding or refreshing or for some reason trying to make the playoffs but more likely than not will fail, him there shouldn't negatively impact anyone if managed properly. But anyone saying that the coaches won't manage properly will have the point well-taken. I agree that they have that tendency. I think Marleau slowed down towards this last month or so. Being the biased person I am, I tend to believe it's simply the compressed schedule doing that but clearly he's old. I'm okay with him signing for the minimum to play one more season if he wants and the team wants but I won't pout if the team decides it's time to move on. Personally, I think it would just suck to have Marleau end his career without a full house there. I'd sign him just for that but again I am biased.
You’re right about one thing. You are biased. Marleau has had a great career and been a great Shark but it’s past time for him to retire. Signing him to play next year does not help the Sharks in any way at all. If he wants to be around the team and lend his experience to the young guys it would make sense to bring him into the coaching staff.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
if not san jose, where would he play?

the hell with it, tank next season and bring him back

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
You’re right about one thing. You are biased. Marleau has had a great career and been a great Shark but it’s past time for him to retire. Signing him to play next year does not help the Sharks in any way at all. If he wants to be around the team and lend his experience to the young guys it would make sense to bring him into the coaching staff.

Thanks for the input.:rolleyes:

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
SNOG
Vegas 5, Sharks 1
Marchessault, Pacioretty, Stone, Theodore, Carrier
Kane

A very disappointing finish to the season.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Didn’t mean for it to be rude. Do you really think we can’t sign a more effective vet for that role? I’d rather have Nieto back if we want another veteran forward.

It depends on how you're defining effective for a 4th line role. Probably but I don't think it matters much.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
If losing and tanking means Boughner is gone tomorrow, than go Tank. Boughner is a terrible terrible coach and it will be hard to change my mind on that fact. You are the leader of the team and when the team is one of the most atrocious teams on the power play in franchise history (Or at least it feels like it) than that's on the system.

Reactions: Bizz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad