GDT: Sharks vs. Golden Knights 6:00pm Marleau's last game?

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Melnichuk starts, Bergmann replaces Viel, otherwise same lineup.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
With respect to Marleau, and y’all know I love those guy more than any other player ever, he should retire next season. Not only is he not good, but the Sharks have a million young bottom-9 wingers they need to make decisions on. Barabanov, Balcers, Labanc, Meier, Donato, Leonard, Chekovich, Chmelevski, Dahlen, Blichfield, the list literally goes on forever. No room for a feel good story, unfortunately.

AlphaPred

May 2, 2021
With respect to Marleau, and y’all know I love those guy more than any other player ever, he should retire next season. Not only is he not good, but the Sharks have a million young bottom-9 wingers they need to make decisions on. Barabanov, Balcers, Labanc, Meier, Donato, Leonard, Chekovich, Chmelevski, Dahlen, Blichfield, the list literally goes on forever. No room for a feel good story, unfortunately.
It definitely was hard to watch him out there at times this season. A hell of a career. If this is in fact the end it was an a absolute honor to see him play.

Reactions: Boja

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
I don’t want to see Patty go an absolute class act no matter what anyone thinks of him he’s had a helluva career

I say sign him for one more year. Embrace chaos.

EVB5yDNWAAYP6HE.jpg

Reactions: Boja and Gunnin54

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Yeah but how many of those guys would you really want playing on the 4th line at this stage in their careers? I'm still fine with him being a 4th liner if they actually just let him stay there instead of moving him up the lineup anytime someone gets injured. I don't want anyone with any semblance of a top-nine future to toil on the 4th line here. For a team that is either rebuilding or refreshing or for some reason trying to make the playoffs but more likely than not will fail, him there shouldn't negatively impact anyone if managed properly. But anyone saying that the coaches won't manage properly will have the point well-taken. I agree that they have that tendency. I think Marleau slowed down towards this last month or so. Being the biased person I am, I tend to believe it's simply the compressed schedule doing that but clearly he's old. I'm okay with him signing for the minimum to play one more season if he wants and the team wants but I won't pout if the team decides it's time to move on. Personally, I think it would just suck to have Marleau end his career without a full house there. I'd sign him just for that but again I am biased.

Reactions: Gunnin54

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad