GDT: Sharks vs Dogs 5PM

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
I think she is comfortable with Hedi than Baker. Hedi is actually tossing to her too which is nice.

he does say “I agree” a lot though.

Makes sense because he was one of her coaches for Team USA (as she mentioned on a recent broadcast), so there's comfort in familiarity for her, and perhaps he's being relatively more supportive of her.

Reactions: SJSharksfan39

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
Once again, our boys bent but didn’t break. A poor start put behind them and a great team effort. These young bucks are starting to come into it. Glad to see that. Good win in a back to back.

Go Sharks!!

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
The fact the Sharks pk is ~91% 1/3 of the way through is very impressive. Shows they can commit to defending when they want.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
The fact the Sharks pk is ~91% 1/3 of the way through is very impressive. Shows they can commit to defending when they want.

Now if only the PP could improve but I don't think it will based on the setup. Guys in the wrong spots. Couture and Labanc need to switch sides so they both have better shooting and passing angles and can also be in a position for one-timers. Couture the left handed shot should be on the right circle and Labanc the right handed shot should be on the left circle.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Honest question though, what the hell is wrong with Meier? It’s like his hands turned to stone over the summer. He’s been so incredibly frustrating to watch.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017

Pretty much night and day after having his groin repaired. This is how he looked in that stretch before he was injured last season. One way you can tell his groin feels 100% is that he's constantly putting his skates in that 1st position (ballet?) and pivoting. You can't do that if your groin is hurt or tender on any level. That's all groin muscle.
Honest question though, what the hell is wrong with Meier? It’s like his hands turned to stone over the summer. He’s been so incredibly frustrating to watch.
I thought he's looked pretty good the last couple weeks. Had a number of good dangles and plays to get around and thru defensemen. He was frustrating in October but not in November IMO. He's a big reason the team is on the right track finally. I think he had like 8 or 9 shots on goal in game recently.

tahoesharksfan

Old-Timer
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake

Seriously! My biggest concern over the off season was getting him signed but he hasn't yet shown last year's contribution. Hopefully he gets it back on track and soon!

Just scrubbing the first ten minutes of this game from my mind...

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
Meier has 14 points in 13 games since Simek returned.

He did start slow but been much better lately. The goal against Vegas was a pretty good demonstration of what he can do. You'd like to see it more, but those kind of moves are not going to come up every game, and he is producing at a great rate right now.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Meier has 14 points in 13 games since Simek returned.

He did start slow but been much better lately. The goal against Vegas was a pretty good demonstration of what he can do. You'd like to see it more, but those kind of moves are not going to come up every game, and he is producing at a great rate right now.
Yea he's been fine for about 2 weeks now. Just needs to start shooting a bit but he's starting to drive play again

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Meier may be picking up points, but every time I watch him he doesn’t look anything like the dominant player I saw last season. Not even close. I think he along with Thornton is the biggest problem on this team and he needs to pick it up defensively, physically, and transitionally. He isn’t carrying the puck like he did last season, and he fumbled way too many passes for my liking.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW
Meier may be picking up points, but every time I watch him he doesn’t look anything like the dominant player I saw last season. Not even close. I think he along with Thornton is the biggest problem on this team and he needs to pick it up defensively, physically, and transitionally. He isn’t carrying the puck like he did last season, and he fumbled way too many passes for my liking.
I was really hoping that having Patty back would help him develop his boards/cycle game. Patty has always been one of the best at possessing the puck on the boards, and Timo's body type and play style would make him a perfect successor at that. He just seems like he's not really sure whether he should be forechecking or covering the points half the time, so he just...floats. Maybe it's a system thing, where he's not sure if he's the F1 or the F3? It wouldn't surprise me, since he's not the only one who looks lost out there.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad