GDT: Sharks vs Coyotes 7:30pm Melnichuk starts

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
This is depressing. I fully cant figure out why you don't drop this game? They obviously dont care about draft position but can anyone explain why?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
This is depressing. I fully cant figure out why you don't drop this game? They obviously dont care about draft position but can anyone explain why?

Because players don't play to lose. It's easy for fans to sit here and say "well they obviously should just stop trying" and it's easy sometimes for front offices to set things up in that way by pushing young players and not icing optimal lineups, but at the end of the day the players themselves would rather win than pretend they care about securing a pick for a player that many of them may never see suit up for the team.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Because players don't play to lose. It's easy for fans to sit here and say "well they obviously should just stop trying" and it's easy sometimes for front offices to set things up in that way by pushing young players and not icing optimal lineups, but at the end of the day the players themselves would rather win than pretend they care about securing a pick for a player that many of them may never see suit up for the team.

But the coach doesnt have to pull the goalie and put EK / Hertl/ Kane on the ice. They could play the kids in the last 2 minutes

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
But the coach doesnt have to pull the goalie and put EK / Hertl/ Kane on the ice. They could play the kids in the last 2 minutes

Coaches also don't play to lose in-game. Boughner may listen when DW says "play the kids", but he's not going to half-ass it or sabotage it when the game is going on.

Reactions: slocal

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
If Vegas clinches and sits players then Sharks might have a chance to beat Vegas for the 1st time this year. But they'd probably screw it up.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
I honestly think the Sharks would draft the same guy at 5th that they would at 7th. They’re not really a team that drafts who you expect.

I do know that whatever player gets drafted directly after will be a star for that team.

I agree haha but also if they win their next game they probably draft like 10th and that would be so Sharks of them. Heck EK will probably get a hatty cause he hates SJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad