GDT: Sharks vs Avalanche 6:30pm start time used to accommodate visiting team, tank continues

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA
It's not going to make much of a difference if the Sharks sit where they do or go down to 5. The players available will be comparable and chances are they're not going to be top line/top pairing players. The top ten will have solid players most likely but nobody that's changing the franchise in a meaningful way. If DW wants an elite prospect, he has to do what he can to tank next season at the very least and maybe 2023 depending on where the team sits at that time. If that's the case, they probably need to trade Hertl so that he stops carrying his team to the few wins they get. lol

We joke, but Hertl does need to get traded.

Reactions: weastern bias

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Hertl is the only reason I watch Sharks games. I still think the smart move is to trade him.

That or make him take the same pay in 2 years as he is now for 8 years. There is no way i will accept a 8 year contract at what most likely will be in the range of 8 million for a 29 year old that has had 4 major knee surgeries in the span of 8 seasons.

Good thing is by his pattern of being hurt we still have healthy hertl for 1 more season.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
That or make him take the same pay in 2 years as he is now for 8 years. There is no way i will accept a 8 year contract at what most likely will be in the range of 8 million for a 29 year old that has had 4 major knee surgeries in the span of 8 seasons.

Good thing is by his pattern of being hurt we still have healthy hertl for 1 more season.

I’d happily give him 3 years at $7.5M. I’m just wary of a long contract that DW gives out like candy.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I’d happily give him 3 years at $7.5M. I’m just wary of a long contract that DW gives out like candy.
I would not be surprised if he takes shorter term to get one more sub 35 contract I just think its going to be more likely to be 8ish than 7.5ish

Reactions: Alwalys

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
Hertl is the only player we have that that will return a boatload of futures. Kane, Burns, Couture all have something that lowers their value. Term, declining play, off the ice issues. Knocking a hertl trade out of the park is a must for our rebuild.

Reactions: magic school bus

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Hertl is the only player we have that that will return a boatload of futures. Kane, Burns, Couture all have something that lowers their value. Term, declining play, off the ice issues. Knocking a hertl trade out of the park is a must for our rebuild.

Hertl does have that three team trade list that will limit the leverage the team has on moving him and getting max value. Columbus looks like they're prime to get taken over the coals for a 1C. Will Hertl have that team on his list? Who knows? If his three teams are teams that wouldn't have interest in him because of no real need, then what?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad