GDT: Sharks @ Streakbusters 6 MT |da da, da da, Da Dum| NHL 04 Style

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
Finally all doubt about who is the best coach in the league was removed.

97nqpz.jpg

So true. That timeout was genius.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
EJ had a pretty major gaff in the OT when he misplayed the puck and it lead to Marleau streaking down the side and finding a player wide open in the middle which should have ended in a goal in Marleau doesn't get blatantly tripped by Landy. I can overlook this as this was only his second game back but he can't let that happen in OT.

Got to agree Duchene and Varly are both beasts. And they are clearly our best players. Staz, ROR, PAP, Landy, and EJ are the next tier. Duchene and Varly have separated themselves from the pack at the moment though.

Yea, I thought of that one as I was typing that out. I couldn't remember though if he had fallen and lost the puck or not, but regardless that was a bit of a fart.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think we're getting a little carried away with Sacco's "plan." It was a good timeout, but coaches don't usually come up with ingenious end of game plans, they're usually somewhat standard. It's the player's execution and the defensive coverage from the other team that decides the outcome IMO.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I really think we, as a group, tend to make too much off of a bad mistake that one of our usual better players makes.

If it's someone like Hunwick/O'Byrne (this year's version) who does that, then our reactions may be justifiable, because they are really prone to making those mistakes.

Since his trade to the Avalanche, Erik Johnson has truly been our best Defensemen, and it's not even close. All players are human, they're going to have a bad play/game every now and again, it just happens.

I'm sure that he above all else knows what he did wrong and on top of the coaches he has beaten himself up pretty bad about it.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I think we're getting a little carried away with Sacco's "plan." It was a good timeout, but coaches don't usually come up with ingenious end of game plans, they're usually somewhat standard. It's the player's execution and the defensive coverage from the other team that decides the outcome IMO.

I don't think anyone was saying that seriously....
EDIT: Or then you also took it not seriously and made it serious on purpose so that it wouldn't be serious, hmmm...

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
People realize EJ has played 12 games in the last 10 months right? And is just coming off a concussion? No **** he is going to be a little rusty. Doesn't mean he isn't accountable for almost costing the win with his shot getting blocked, but come on, knock of the "he is a good top-4 guy." It's pretty amazing that he can be so "abysmal" but finish +1 in over 20 minutes of ice time. He played a solid, yet unspectacular 20 minutes and makes one mistake at the end, and its like he was the most lousy player all game.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I don't think anyone was saying that seriously....
EDIT: Or then you also took it not seriously and made it serious on purpose so that it wouldn't be serious, hmmm...

Ok, I wasn't sure.

Edit: Uhhhhh, yea that's what I did. Them's was jokes. I was foolin y'all.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
People realize EJ has played 12 games in the last 10 months right? And is just coming off a concussion? No **** he is going to be a little rusty. Doesn't mean he isn't accountable for almost costing the win with his shot getting blocked, but come on, knock of the "he is a good top-4 guy." It's pretty amazing that he can be so "abysmal" but finish +1 in over 20 minutes of ice time. He played a solid, yet unspectacular 20 minutes and makes one mistake at the end, and its like he was the most lousy player all game.

Matt Hunwick is automatically the most lousy player in every game and David Jones is automatically second so if anything, Johnson can finish no lower than 3rd :sarcasm:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Matt Hunwick is automatically the most lousy player in every game and David Jones is automatically second so if anything, Johnson can finish no lower than 3rd :sarcasm:

O'Byrne is the worst player on this team and it usually shows in every game.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Matt duchene had knocked Martin Skoula out the top 5 all time list for me.

1. Foppa
2. Sakic
3. Roy
4. Hejduk
5. Duchene

Also, yah EJ offensive game sucks the big one. His defensive game is great but he is frustrating at times and he cant get pucks through so his "hard" shot means squat. He needs to work on it coaching staff needs to help him out

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Just came back from the game, not soldout, but awesome atmosphere!

Duchene was great.
Wilson looked good.
I think we should re-sign Kobasew, this guy is such an underrated player on our team.
Michell - ROR - Palushaj were the best line tonight
Parenteau, I thought was the best player for us.
Rob and SoB had solid games.

I think the Jones hate on this board gets overblown, but he was beyond dreadful tonight. Did absolutely nothing at all.

Also there was no reason to justify Hunwicks 20ish minutes tonight, wow.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
I really don't understand why everyone has to be so sensitive about EJ. Take a step back and take an unbiased look at his play. I don't know why it is looked at as a shot that he is a solid top 4 defender. And RL, the thought that it is more fair to criticize Hunwick for his mistakes than EJ is ridiculous. IMO it needs to be more pointed out when it is EJ or Wilson or Barrie because we want them to develop into something better. If EJ isn't making mistakes and isn't being held to a higher standard, then his development has leveled off. Which I hope isn't true. I want him to play better, that is why I post that he needs to be. If we want him to play 27 minutes a night he can't be making plays like that.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Hunwick was on the ice for the OT winner.

Future #1 defenseman.

:laugh: there we go, we are underpaying all our RFAs for Hunnys huge salary increase coming up.

Also another thing I noticed, is Avs got absolutely dominated on the draws, especially key faceoffs.

EJ looked good offensively, but didn't have a strong defensive game, IMO.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Matt duchene had knocked Martin Skoula out the top 5 all time list for me.

1. Foppa
2. Sakic
3. Roy
4. Hejduk
5. Duchene
No offense, but how the heck was Skoula in your top 5 Avs?

Was at the game. The 3rd period was DEAD but the OT was wild.

Dutchy looks like a man possessed. You could feel the whole arena perk up when he touched the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad