Proposal: Sharks- Sens

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
We need pieces that belong on a Stanley cup contender for the years 2021 - 2025. If you think your offer is the best offer in the entire NHL for Stone to give us what we are asking for.. then Stone will be yours. If you think you need to offer more.. then offer more. Don't try to force feed a deal on us.. Sens consider your offer until the last minute while reviewing other offers. Thank you.

(All you had to do was offer the first with Lab.. and she would be a done deal for sens fans)

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
We need pieces that belong on a Stanley cup contender for the years 2021 - 2025. If you think your offer is the best offer in the entire NHL for Stone to give us what we are asking for.. then Stone will be yours. If you think you need to offer more.. then offer more. Don't try to force feed a deal on us.. Sens consider your offer until the last minute while reviewing other offers. Thank you.

(All you had to do was offer the first with Lab.. and she would be a done deal for sens fans)

We don't have a first this year, and we potentially don't have a first next year as it may go to you.
But if a first is required to get this done then I'd be fine giving you our next available first rounder., other sharks fans may not be up for it And I don't see dw doing it.
So it'd be :
Labanc
2021 first
Blichfeld

Is that what it'd take?

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
For some reason I cant click reply to your post.. but yeah I see what you mean.. that's definitely a nice package but the 2021 part isn't "perfect". I realize that's like the best you guys can do.. (without looking at all your prospects) so I guess the Sens would either take that package or try to swap the first in 2021 for a prospect in your pool that they like and is close to ready. I definitely think your package there will be up there contending with other offers... we will see what actually happens like what the players Stone / Duchene actually go for..

With that said there is two positives I can see from the first being in 2021:

- Could be a lottery pick (never know)
- Could give us a cheap cost controlled player for years 2023-2025 of our planned 2021 - 2025 window

Last edited:

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
Don't think they take LeBlanc as he due for a raise next year. Poor value without a 1st, but Dorion just loves getting fleeced by Wilson. If I knew how to make those Internet picture thingys I'd have dorion on a bottle of fleecy

Just wait until Chabot is a UFA. Maybe the Sens will get 7 pieces from the Sharks. 7 pieces!

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Think the Sharks are more likely to go after a Zucc,or a Dzingle level player....They made their big move at the start of the season

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I think I’d rather add Dzingel for something like 2nd+prospect or a couple prospects.

Meier-Couture-Pavelski
Kane-Hertl-Donskoi
Labanc-Thornton-Dzingel
Karlsson-Goodrow-Sorenson

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I think I’d rather add Dzingel for something like 2nd+prospect or a couple prospects.

Meier-Couture-Pavelski
Kane-Hertl-Donskoi
Labanc-Thornton-Dzingel
Karlsson-Goodrow-Sorenson
Dzingle is on pace for 30 goals...It likely takes more than just a 2nd rounder as the base for a deal

Tkachukecheese

Feb 12, 2019
We don't have a first this year, and we potentially don't have a first next year as it may go to you.
But if a first is required to get this done then I'd be fine giving you our next available first rounder., other sharks fans may not be up for it And I don't see dw doing it.
So it'd be :
Labanc
2021 first
Blichfeld

Is that what it'd take?
I am confused... You don't have one this year to buffalo.... We already own next year's first of yours... And if Karl signs and you go to the finals we get your 2021 first pick is what we get for that happening.... Correct me if I'm wrong.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I am confused... You don't have one this year to buffalo.... We already own next year's first of yours... And if Karl signs and you go to the finals we get your 2021 first pick is what we get for that happening.... Correct me if I'm wrong.
They can defer that pick to 2022,we get their 2nd rounder should EK sign...So we could take their 2021...

Tkachukecheese

Feb 12, 2019
They can defer that pick to 2022,we get their 2nd rounder should EK sign...So we could take their 2021...
Yes but the poster said they don't have a first this year... Which they don't. But they don't get to defer next year's first... That goes to us for the Karlsson trade in general. Should he sign we get a second... Turns in to a first if they go to the final.... So what you are saying is that this conditional pick (if Karl signs and cup pick) happens... They can defer it from 2021 to 2022?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yes but the poster said they don't have a first this year... Which they don't. But they don't get to defer next year's first... That goes to us for the Karlsson trade in general. Should he sign we get a second... Turns in to a first if they go to the final.... So what you are saying is that this conditional pick (if Karl signs and cup pick) happens... They can defer it from 2021 to 2022?
They can defer the 1st if they reach the finals ...I think lol

Tkachukecheese

Feb 12, 2019
They can defer the 1st if they reach the finals ...I think lol
Okay but I am right I think in regards to that San Jose shark fan stating that they could trade next year's pick 2020.... But in fact they don't own it... We own it.

I think if San Jose didn't make the playoffs this year we would have got this year's puck and Buffalo would have got next year's pick. Either way San Jose most definetly does not have a first round pick this year or next. .. And possibly even the year after that.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Okay but I am right I think in regards to that San Jose shark fan stating that they could trade next year's pick 2020.... But in fact they don't own it... We own it.

I think if San Jose didn't make the playoffs this year we would have got this year's puck and Buffalo would have got next year's pick. Either way San Jose most definetly does not have a first round pick this year or next. .. And possibly even the year after that.
Yep ,they is a little grey area between 2021 and 2022 but that is pretty much it ...If they trade him to the east they must surrender a 1st also no later than 2022

Tkachukecheese

Feb 12, 2019
We should be acquiring picks for the 2020 draft not this year's draft IMO.... Draft looks way better and who knows how teams do next year could be better firsts.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
So are you gonna start sharping the the butcher knife or edward scissor hand it

giphy.gif

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Well it’s a good thing that it’s not just a 2nd rounder huh?

What level of prospect are we talking though?

Gambrell? Chmelevski? Blichfield?

Would the Sharks consider moving 2 2nds instead? (2019 and 2020). Wouldn't leave you guys with much in the way of picks, but it leaves the Barracuda intact and would allow you to keep the prospects further along in their development to step into the lineup sooner and keep your window open.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

Would the Sharks consider moving 2 2nds instead? (2019 and 2020). Wouldn't leave you guys with much in the way of picks, but it leaves the Barracuda intact and would allow you to keep the prospects further along in their development to step into the lineup sooner and keep your window open.

I would probably pay that price for Dzingel. The 2020 2nd would have to conditionally become a 2021 2nd if EK re-signs and we don’t win the Cup, though. Because you guys already gets our 2020 2nd if he re-signs and we don’t win the Cup.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

I’d prefer to move a prospect. We have so many prospects in juniors that will be going to the AHL. I think I’d be okay with any prospect except Merkley or either of the Ch-twins. I think I’d be okay moving any other prospect off the top of my head :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad