Vancouver
To the Sens:
Kevin Labanc
2019 2nd round pick
Joachim Blichfeld

To Sharks:
Duchene OR
Stone

Sens get a 23 year old forward in Labanc that has been improving every year, last year putting up 40 in 77 games, this year he's on pace for over 50 in his third season in the NHL. He's an RFA so can be cost controlled for the next few years.

Blichfield went PPG in last years World Juniors, and is currently leading the WHL in scoring.

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
To the Sens:
Kevin Labanc
2019 2nd round pick
Joachim Blichfeld

To Sharks:
Duchene OR
Stone

Sens get a 23 year old forward in Labanc that has been improving every year, last year putting up 40 in 77 games, this year he's on pace for over 50 in his third season in the NHL. He's an RFA so can be cost controlled for the next few years.

Blichfield went PPG in last years World Juniors, and is currently leading the WHL in scoring.

Leave us be please.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
The idea that you get either of those players without a 1st coming back is absolute gold.

And I’d rather not deal with SJ after getting bent by Doug Wilson twice already. He has picked the bones enough. Try elsewhere.

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
In fairness to OP I could totally see Dorion dealing stone or Duchene in a deal like that.

But Ottawa should only be asking for picks and prospects for those guys.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
To the Sens:
Kevin Labanc
2019 2nd round pick
Joachim Blichfeld

To Sharks:
Duchene OR
Stone

If everything you say is correct i dont think it is bad.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
To the Sens:
Kevin Labanc
2019 2nd round pick
Joachim Blichfeld

To Sharks:
Duchene OR
Stone

That wouldn't be the top bid, so no.

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
wilson_doug_big_381.jpg

tenor.gif

TrevSens

Jan 18, 2016
Gota think a deal to help push the Sharks over the edge would ha e the added bonus of getting Ottawa that second 1st rounder in the Karlsson deal if the Sharks make the final this year and resign Karl. Maybe not that far fetched dealing one of these guys over that way again.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Not even close. Sens would ask for a 1st no matter what for either Stone or Duchene..heck even Dzingel, especially a late first rounder in a 2019 draft that considered pretty weak compared to years past.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Ho hum, don’t mind 23 year old Kevin Labanc, on pace for 53 points. I’m sure a first in the 25-31 range is MUCH more valuable.

LaBanc’s 5-on-5 points per 60 would be 4th on Ottawa, tied with Colin White. His 37 total points would also be good for 4th on Ottawa; one higher than Chris Tierney. And that’s without considering that Tierney gets a ton of minutes and spends a decent chunk of them with Mark Stone.

People are vastly overstating the value of a late 1st round pick. Ottawa didn’t even get one this year in exchange for Erik Karlsson. LaBanc is significantly better than any one piece that Ottawa acquired in the Erik Karlsson trade.

Remember, Ottawa should have a vested interest in helping San Jose. If Erik Karlsson re-signs, they add a 2020 2nd round pick. If Erik Karlsson re-Signs and San Jose wins the Stanley Cup, they add a 2021 1st round pick.

There is a very good chance that Ottawa will be able to trade 2 of Dzingel/Duchene/Stone for 1st round picks. They would be much better off adding 2 1st round picks and an established young player like Kevin LaBanc, than they would be adding 3 1st round picks in a weak draft.

That wouldn't be the top bid, so no.

I agree that there needs to be a bit more quantity, but who is paying a better quality piece than Kevin LaBanc? Is Boston offering DeBrusk?

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
LaBanc’s 5-on-5 points per 60 would be 4th on Ottawa, tied with Colin White. His 37 total points would also be good for 4th on Ottawa; one higher than Chris Tierney. And that’s without considering that Tierney gets a ton of minutes and spends a decent chunk of them with Mark Stone.

People are vastly overstating the value of a late 1st round pick. Ottawa didn’t even get one this year in exchange for Erik Karlsson. LaBanc is significantly better than any one piece that Ottawa acquired in the Erik Karlsson trade.

Remember, Ottawa should have a vested interest in helping San Jose. If Erik Karlsson re-signs, they add a 2020 2nd round pick. If Erik Karlsson re-Signs and San Jose wins the Stanley Cup, they add a 2021 1st round pick.

There is a very good chance that Ottawa will be able to trade 2 of Dzingel/Duchene/Stone for 1st round picks. They would be much better off adding 2 1st round picks and an established young player like Kevin LaBanc, than they would be adding 3 1st round picks in a weak draft.

I agree that there needs to be a bit more quantity, but who is paying a better quality piece than Kevin LaBanc? Is Boston offering DeBrusk?
This is something concocted in an echo chamber on HFSharks. I doubt any team in the league operates like this. Sweetening the pot for a team that may or/may not reach the SCF. Simply too many variables.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Kevin Labanc is likely due for a sizeable pay raise this summer. He's a decent little player, but I'm sure the Senators would be more interested in adding a younger/more cost controlled piece (like a 1st or a recently drafted 1st round prospect).

I really don't think there's a fit here, even though Sharks fans are pushing the narrative their is. I certainly wouldn't put it past Doug Wilson to fleece Dorion again, but I think other teams have more intriguing pieces to offer and I'd rather take a swing at a Tolvanen/Fabbro type of piece than this deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad