Oct 12, 2012
Blame game. Because I couldn't take part in the GDT.:laugh:

On Sharks' Goals:

1) Corvo

2) Condra

3) Karlsson

4) Condra

5) Spezza

The first time Condra is on there he gets a bit of slack since he was out of position, covering for Karlsson who got caught up ice. Still no excuse for blindly knocking a puck up ice when he can see there's nobody in the corner.

The second time Condra is on there is because he was terrible. Had a chance to skate or pass the puck out of the zone and fails. Had a chance to make a play on Thornton and fails miserably- doesn't establish body position on the bigger man, and tries a weak stick-lift.

At least Corvo, Karlsson and Spezza provide offence first. Condra would not be in the league if these plays where characteristic of his game.

The 5th goal was Cowen's fault, got beat and then lazily backchecked and left Pavelski open when spezza backchecked hard against Braun iirc

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
AJ Jakubec ‏@AJonSports 2m
MacLean says Craig Anderson, Robin Lehner & Zack Smith have been their best and most consistent players so far. #Sens

So confused...

Milan the God*

AJ Jakubec ‏@AJonSports 2m
MacLean says Craig Anderson, Robin Lehner & Zack Smith have been their best and most consistent players so far. #Sens

So confused...

MacLean's odd love for Zack Smith continues. Smith has been one of our worst players this season. Flubs any chance by shooting it at the crest, takes dumb penalties and kills momentum.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
The last couple games Smith has played amazing. He's always moving his feet, playing great hockey up the middle and is forcing the play with his size and speed.

Vintage Zack Smith is so valuable. He deserves a bit of recognition after getting **** on by everyone earlier in the season.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
I have no problem with Smith. He is probably just doing everything within the system that they ask of him. As long as all this tire pumping doesn't lead to promotions to the powerplay or the top two lines, I'm okay with it!

WhiteLight*

The last couple games Smith has played amazing. He's always moving his feet, playing great hockey up the middle and is forcing the play with his size and speed.

Vintage Zack Smith is so valuable. He deserves a bit of recognition after getting **** on by everyone earlier in the season.

I agree about the last couple of games. Though he was not good at the start and does not deserve to be called consistent.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

I grudgingly agree, as I get on his case but he was excellent yesterday.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Too bad pro scouts exist and check out the player before a GM trades for them :(

Schenn to Philly?

Anyway the irrational hate for Smith on this board has always been weird. People love Condra but hate Smith and it makes no sense as Smith is a much better player.

Karl Cowensson

I has cheezburger
Oct 27, 2008
Northern Ontario

Smith has been great since moving back to center. Totally agree, I think him, Conacher, Turris and MacArthur have been a few of the bright spots in the early season.

If we are gonna be laying the blame anywhere, its guys like Spezza, Karlsson and Michalek who seem to be struggling big time defensively. Seems like they are twice as likely to give up a goal then to score one.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Anyway the irrational hate for Smith on this board has always been weird. People love Condra but hate Smith and it makes no sense as Smith is a much better player.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Let's not go overboard here, ok?

Milan the God*

Schenn to Philly?

GMGM is obviously an exception to most common sense theories.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

Smith has been steady all season. He gets **** on for his lack of offense, but his two way game and board work have been there all year.

Its funny, people crap on guys like Spezza for being one dimensional, then criticize Smith for the exact opposite reasons.

Then they backtrack when the coach says something. Gotta love it

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Smith has been steady all season. He gets **** on for his lack of offense, but his two way game and board work have been there all year.

Its funny, people crap on guys like Spezza for being one dimensional, then criticize Smith for the exact opposite reasons.

Then they backtrack when the coach says something. Gotta love it

He had an awful first 5 games or so. Has been much better since. Its just a minor change, he's now not constantly behind a step on every play in the defensive zone. Sticking to his duties, being decisive.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa

On Sharks' Goals:

1) Corvo

2) Condra

3) Karlsson

4) Phillips, Pageau & Condra

5) No one
Mostly agree, except the 4th goal all of Phillips, Pageau, and Condra had a clear chance to clear the puck, but each failed, last goal was lucky by the Sharks.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

On Sharks' Goals:

1) Corvo

2) Condra

3) Karlsson

4) Condra

5) Spezza

Anderson was incredibly weak on first 3 goals scored against.

I'd blame Anderson on the first and 3rd goals more than I would Corvo and Karlsson. Fourth goal was questionable too. Ridiculously bad angle shot.

I'm not putting the blame on Andy, I'm just saying his inconsistency has not helped this team have a chance. Last year he was amazing and the reason why we were in most games.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Anderson was incredibly weak on first 3 goals scored against.

I'd blame Anderson on the first and 3rd goals more than I would Corvo and Karlsson. Fourth goal was questionable too. Ridiculously bad angle shot.

I'm not putting the blame on Andy, I'm just saying his inconsistency has not helped this team have a chance. Last year he was amazing and the reason why we were in most games.

As a habit, I don't like to blame goalies. I realize change ups and backhanders are tough to judge.

And it's easier for me to recognize blown plays/assignments that lead to good scoring chances.

I don't see how anyone can fault a goalie for stopping Couture on a breakaway. :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad