Post-Game Talk: Sharks @ Sens

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
The quietest, most depressing game for some time. There was no way there were 17000 there tonight, looked more like 15,500 or so.

That first shift where Smith, Neil and Zibby they had them hemmed in their end, you know how after 30 seconds of pressure in their end, cycling, the crowd will start to cheer...I started clapping and no one else jumped in and those guys had a heck of a shift and nary a reaction.

I am not sure why it is so dead coming off a spectacular season...it is like many only came to cheer Alfie or something.

Even at 2-0 I though that we were going to win. SJ was not skating and we had all kinds of pressure and plays. The Sharks had no legs and all it took was for Ottawa to make some careless turnovers and they win the game as they bury their chances.

I am not too concerned as I still see a lot of talent and pressure and plays. Karlsson is skating much better as of late but the mistakes are killing this team. It is a long season but something has to change here.

Smith and his line was excellent tonight and Pageau showed flashes of his old self. Zibby was playing like someone who desperately does not want to see the inside of a charter bus ever again.

That goalie got pelted I think 4 times in the face, I have never seen that before!

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
My two cents:

we need to give this team another 5-7 games before we judge that too harshly. I thought they had very good possession in the O-zone today, but did not or could not finish, pass up too many chances, and lacked a little luck. At the same time, it has been mentioned too many times, the turnovers has got to stop, that is just so bad now, it is not even funny. Today, I think every bad turnover ended up in the net. That is what happens when you play a top team, they make you pay for your mistakes. Sens did not do that to the Sharks. Hence, they lost.

The schedule does get a little easier, and if they still play like ****, like they have in the first 10 games. Then BM will have to shake things up with a trade. Because once getting past 20 games mark, there is not much room left for errors.

I pretty much concur with this.

Really 5 players are coming off long term injuries (Anderson, Spezza, Karlsson, Michalek and Cowen). And the team looks to not be in great shape. They are making bonehead plays. But I think it is too early to go nuts and blow the team up.

Give them a chance with a touch easier schedule, and see what happens. If they cannot pull their heads out of their *****... then maybe get a switch up. Or do something.

I do agree that the top line needs something, and we need to be a little more defensive. We cannot put 100% in our goaltending and coast by.

Milan the God*

Overall I've thought Cowen has had a poor year defensively but he's showing a lot of untapped offensive potential. If he can live up to his potential in each zone he can be a two-way beast.

John Holmes*

Thank god I slept through this one.

Watched the highlights of the goals only.

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
watching these last few games have made me wonder why the hell Zibanejad was ever sent down, he was noticeable every single shift

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Spezza's been great on face offs and on the PK. He puts in a good effort including being tenacious on the puck to cause the 2nd goal. Meanwhile this topic is still about Spezza not being good enough. Ottawa doesn't deserve Spezza.

I'm excited for him to walk or retire and watch this team fall into mediocrity like the Leafs for the next 40 years.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I'd be happy if our forwards, defense and goaltenders would all play to their capabilities in the same game.

Seems we can never get more than 2 for 3 on board at the same time.

trobby

Aug 23, 2007
Ottawa
It's the story of 2013-2014 season so far.

- Poor work ethic
- Unable to play a full 60 minutes (the Wings game was the only 60 minute effort so far).

The 2nd line has been the ONLY line that has played every game. Haven't been disappointed yet.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
Hey guys, Sharks fan coming in peace. I'm also a partial Leafs fan but I made this Alfie vs Sundin poll and I was surprised only one Sens fan was really fighting for Alfie over there so I wanted to see what more of you guys had to say. Cheers! http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1525229

Sundin played with garbage his whole career and still soundly outscored Alfie. Sundin > Alfie all day long.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Sundin played with garbage his whole career and still soundly outscored Alfie. Sundin > Alfie all day long.

Stats aren't the end-all and be-all of a player.

Alfredsson definitely made his teammates better, and for most of his career was a better leader and captain.

I think, in all honesty, Alfredsson should've retired 2 seasons ago. While physically he can still play, the mental aspect has been very...odd. I'm not all that sure where his head has been lately.

In their primes, Alfredsson > Sundin any day.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
The Sens just didn't want to play defense tonight.

How many of the goals did SJ score off the rush? They'd be hemmed in their own zone for 45 seconds, then Ottawa fumbles the puck at the blue line, it turns into and oddman rush against because our players don't want to skate back and Andy gets hung out to dry.

You can't not backcheck on a team like SJ who has players that can finish.

Milan the God*

It's the story of 2013-2014 season so far.

- Poor work ethic
- Unable to play a full 60 minutes (the Wings game was the only 60 minute effort so far).

The 2nd line has been the ONLY line that has played every game. Haven't been disappointed yet.

It's pretty funny how the last two seasons this team was known for it's hard work and never-say-never attitude. This year we brought in some much needed skill and the boys are slacking off.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
It isn't slacking off

It's the system

There's NO puck support whatsoever and the gap between the D and the Forwards during the breakout is huge far too often

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad