Pre-Game Talk: Sharks @ Sens Mar. 23. The Hamburglar Had A Shark For Dinner. It Tasted Amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Another must win game tomorrow night. Win the next two with another Boston loss -- I'll feel a LITTLE better. But this is fun to see, it's amazing to watch the team play hard and even when faced with adversity they've been playing well... just need to keep winning.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
this should be a good matchup. a sharks team that although is struggling still has a lot of weapons. most of their guys are good veteran guys and know how to play ( as in rough, dirty areas play) should be a great test

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Another must win game tomorrow night. Win the next two with another Boston loss -- I'll feel a LITTLE better. But this is fun to see, it's amazing to watch the team play hard and even when faced with adversity they've been playing well... just need to keep winning.

Remember that "must win" Boston game we lost last week, yet we're doing just fine right now?

Yah. Enough with the "must win" stuff.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Remember that "must win" Boston game we lost last week, yet we're doing just fine right now?

Oh you mean the must win where we had to win all of our next games before the rematch, to put ourselves back in the same spot? It wasn't a make it or break it game, but it did hurt a lot.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I'm gonna be a bit of a Debbie Downer and say that I'm very worried about our goaltending down the stretch. I think the magic of the Hamburglar has subsided and we're seeing the real Hammond now. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm uneasy with Hammond back there with such a heavy load plus teams have now had time and film to scout him.

It won't matter that much if we continue to dominate the way we have been 5 on 5, but I don't expect it to continue against some of the best Eastern conference teams down the stretch. I'm really hoping Anderson can get healthy because we're gonna need him to start some games or tempt fate and give Dreidger one or both of those Leaf games.

Kinda bummed about Smith returning. I have a feeling he's gonna slow down whichever line he plays on and limit our 4 line attack but with this many injuries the options are limited and there is some incentive for redemption for Zack, he must know that his job with this team is in serious jeopardy.

Prince needs to get a call up. He's on fire in the AHL and was strong in his first stint. I'd move Condra, who deserves a top 6 spot under these circumstances, up with Turris and put Prince on the left side with Pageau and Lazar to keep that line quick and heady.

Prince is gonna be eligible for waivers next season so we need to see more of him in the NHL to either find a trade partner or figure if he fits into our plans next season because he won't clear. This is a perfect opportunity to give a guy an opportunity and help the team in more ways than one.

Hopefully, Greening's leash will be short and guys like Schneider and Prince won't be locked out of the roster in the Newfie's favour. We're walking such a fine line right now that I think even the bottom 6 forwards and 5-6 D can be the difference between wins and losses or a playoff berth and early spring tee times.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I'm gonna be a bit of a Debbie Downer and say that I'm very worried about our goaltending down the stretch. I think the magic of the Hamburglar has subsided and we're seeing the real Hammond now. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm uneasy with Hammond back there with such a heavy load plus teams have now had time and film to scout him.

It won't matter that much if we continue to dominate the way we have been 5 on 5, but I don't expect it to continue against some of the best Eastern conference teams down the stretch. I'm really hoping Anderson can get healthy because we're gonna need him to start some games or tempt fate and give Dreidger one or both of those Leaf games.

Kinda bummed about Smith returning. I have a feeling he's gonna slow down whichever line he plays on and limit our 4 line attack but with this many injuries the options are limited and there is some incentive for redemption for Zack, he must know that his job with this team is in serious jeopardy.

Prince needs to get a call up. He's on fire in the AHL and was strong in his first stint. I'd move Condra, who deserves a top 6 spot under these circumstances, up with Turris and put Prince on the left side with Pageau and Lazar to keep that line quick and heady.

Prince is gonna be eligible for waivers next season so we need to see more of him in the NHL to either find a trade partner or figure if he fits into our plans next season because he won't clear. This is a perfect opportunity to give a guy an opportunity and help the team in more ways than one.

Hopefully, Greening's leash will be short and guys like Schneider and Prince won't be locked out of the roster in the Newfie's favour. We're walking such a fine line right now that I think even the bottom 6 forwards and 5-6 D can be the difference between wins and losses or a playoff berth and early spring tee times.

i want to see how hammond is next game, especially since he got an extra day's worth of rest, it should definitely help him out if he is experiencing fatigue and if not then it should definitely help us evaluate the goaltending position for next season

i think prince is gone in the offseason, not that i wouldnt mind keeping him around but i can see him going in a package for a defenceman. A lot of teams that have extra defenceman need forwards desperately so it definitely works in our favor. On top of that most of these teams would want cost controllable players in return, so prince seems like the most likely candidate especially with his waiver eligibility, unless murray is willing to give up on chiasson at this stage (i hope he does before his value really tanks but dont expect him to since he was the 'central' piece in the spezza deal

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013

Isnt he only 22 next season. I thought hes an RFA who just needs to be re-signed

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I think Hammond will be fine or at least i hope so.

2 of the 4 goals against Boston were deflections. Another goal was on a 5 on 3 and it can be tough to defend against a 5 on 3.

one of the goals against Toronto was another ****ing deflection.
One of them he was screened on i think.
While it could be argued that he was weak on that 2nd goal, i somewhat disagree being that it was just a nice shot. He shot it off very quickly as well.

Tomorrows game is going to be a big one for Hammond. We got to stop allowing 3 goals every game because our goal scoring will eventually dry up.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I think Hammond will be fine or at least i hope so.

2 of the 4 goals against Boston were deflections. Another goal was on a 5 on 3 and it can be tough to defend against a 5 on 3.

one of the goals against Toronto was another ****ing deflection.
One of them he was screened on i think.
While it could be argued that he was weak on that 2nd goal, i somewhat disagree being that it was just a nice shot. He shot it off very quickly as well.

Tomorrows game is going to be a big one for Hammond. We got to stop allowing 3 goals every game because our goal scoring will eventually dry up.

I'd definitely agree with you in that most of these goals Hammond is allowing aren't of the soft variety. Having said that, I'm not seeing that same confidence and compete level from a few weeks ago. He's deeper in his net and letting pucks get through him, which is worrying.

I guess I've just been waiting for this bubble to burst and seeing what I want or expect to see. Hammond's run defies logic and convention. I didn't think he looked technically strong early (west coast trip comes to mind) but he got better and better in that regard. Now he's reminding me of that and I'm again having those doubts after he drew me in.

This game will definitely be big for him. I'm mostly worried about the work load at this point.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I'd definitely agree with you in that most of these goals Hammond is allowing aren't of the soft variety. Having said that, I'm not seeing that same confidence and compete level from a few weeks ago. He's deeper in his net and letting pucks get through him, which is worrying.

I guess I've just been waiting for this bubble to burst and seeing what I want or expect to see. Hammond's run defies logic and convention. I didn't think he looked technically strong early (west coast trip comes to mind) but he got better and better in that regard. Now he's reminding me of that and I'm again having those doubts after he drew me in.

This game will definitely be big for him. I'm mostly worried about the work load at this point.

Ya, we will see what happens tomorrow. If we allow another 3 goals to be scored against, then i will officially be worried. Especially with the Rangers coming up and how they still have yet to give up more than 2 goals.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012

Obviously we can lose a few games. But realistically we need to keep this streak going. I'll be less thinking things are must win if Boston loses a few more games. But we need points.

Plus we are not doing just fine. We are still behind. If we were nicely in a playoff spot then we'd be just fine.

Every game is a big game from now until the end (most likely).

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
I read where Wamsley has been coaching him to stay back in the net, and not be too aggressive, so he's not out of position... but he looks more like a sitting duck, reacting, than the guy that was battling for vision, pucks and saves earlier in this run... hope Hammonds not thinking too much, cause of all this coaching, instead of just playing his reads

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I read where Wamsley has been coaching him to stay back in the net, and not be too aggressive, so he's not out of position... but he looks more like a sitting duck, reacting, than the guy that was battling for vision, pucks and saves earlier in this run... hope Hammonds not thinking too much, cause of all this coaching, instead of just playing his reads

I thought being aggressive was a good thing and i thought being too far back in net is a bad thing?

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Ya, we will see what happens tomorrow. If we allow another 3 goals to be scored against, then i will officially be worried. Especially with the Rangers coming up and how they still have yet to give up more than 2 goals.

Wait.... No one has scored more than 2 on NYR all year ?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I should have been more specific.

They haven't given up more than 2 goals since Feb. 28th. My bad.

The Rangers scare the bejesus out of me. Best roster in the NHL imo (given the status of Kane in Chicago). 4 line attack and probably the best group of D in the NHL. Oh yeah, and Henrik Lundqvist (and Cam Talbot playing like he's the King). I really don't want to have to face them in a playoff series. They seem perfectly tailored to where the game is at right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad