Friedman: Sharks, Sens have talked about an Erik Karlsson reunion

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Not sure how it will work but I personally think it would be amazing for Erik to finish his career back in Ottawa & perhaps put them over in getting back to the Playoffs this Season.

56FC937B-4B0D-4032-8810-3B70CD513ACC.gif

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Sens are still holding out hope DeBrincat and Zub both re-sign

Unfortunately that doesn't look like it's going to happen, so this may be something they circle back on later in the year or in the off-season.

Reactions: Altimus

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Would love to see this happen once tbe cap eventually goes up. Even if its when Karl finishes his current deal and its just a 1 year thing.

Cant see it happening anytime soon. Hope im some how wrong

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
They pretty much said it.

Acquiring Karlsson and then losing Zub would achieve nothing. They would need to get Karlsson while keeping Zub, Sanderson and Chabot. That's probably impossible without moving DeBrincat.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
They pretty much said it.

Acquiring Karlsson and then losing Zub would achieve nothing. They would need to get Karlsson and keep Zub. That would mean DeBrincat is gone in the summer or at the deadline.

Or trade Chabot for Karlsson in a cap neutral deal.

I agree with you that offense from the D is not what the Sens are short on but Chabot for Karlsson is a straight upgrade along that offensive dimension and neither one can defend.

Hugely risky trade though.

Reactions: hn777

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
Or trade Chabot for Karlsson in a cap neutral deal.

I agree with you that offense from the D is not what the Sens are short on but Chabot for Karlsson is a straight upgrade along that offensive dimension and neither one can defend.

Hugely risky trade though.
Except that they need to add a top 4D. Not trade one for another.

Acquiring Karlsson is kinda pointless without also having Chabot, Zub and Sanderson

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Except that they need to add a top 4D. Not trade one for another.

Acquiring Karlsson is kinda pointless without also having Chabot, Zub and Sanderson

I don't agree. Karlsson is better than Chabot. That's the point. He also plays the same kind of minutes that you'd want to give to Chabot and neither are the defensive stalwarts that the Sens need more of. The best composition would be EK, Sanderson, Zub, shutdown LD.

Reactions: Sota Popinski

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
I'm glad Karlsson is having a career resurgence this year, but even at half retention, four more years of that contract? I pass if I'm Ottawa. If EK didn't have his history, there, it wouldn't even come up.

Reactions: hn777

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Sens are still holding out hope DeBrincat and Zub both re-sign

Unfortunately that doesn't look like it's going to happen, so this may be something they circle back on later in the year or in the off-season.
Not super aware with the Ottawa dynamics but why is there a lack of confidence in signing these two?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad