Status
Not open for further replies.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Better than Goldie for Vancouver

:shakehead You're better than that LS.

Hansen didn't fit in well with Thornton and Pavelski but he's found a home with Hertl and Boedker and looks really good. Fast, tenacious, reasonably skilled, and on a .5 PPG pace as advertised.

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
Starting to look like we'll have Couture back for the start of the 1st Rd, and maybe even Jumbo. The silver lining to them getting hurt is it looks like it may have opened PDB eyes to the problems with some of the lines and that Haley shouldn't be playing every night.

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
Yes. I believe the injuries might have saved us from our fate. Although Pete was disappointed our foot went off the gas pedal after 2. It is a step in the right direction. Wish we'd run up the score. How bout 4 goals next time :yo:

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
Starting to look like we'll have Couture back for the start of the 1st Rd, and maybe even Jumbo. The silver lining to them getting hurt is it looks like it may have opened PDB eyes to the problems with some of the lines and that Haley shouldn't be playing every night.

Haley will play tomorrow night against the Oilers and in every game of a playoff series against the Oilers or Ducks, guaranteed

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
Maybe I'm too negative, but I bet Jumbo will be right back with Pavs when and if he returns.

HHB line shouldn't be touched. We probably won't have time to test out new lines, and Patty couture have always worked well as a pair. But Jumbo+Patty so we can use Pavs+Logan has always interested me

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
Some attachments that I've liked…

Labanc-Thornton
Hansen-Hertl
Tierney-Donskoi
Couture-Donskoi (it's worked well before)

At this point those are the only few combos I'd maintain. Jumbo-Pavs is not what it used to be. I think Donskoi helps Tierney immensely.

I'd run something like:

Labanc-Thornton-Karlsson
Marleau-Couture-Pavs
Hansen-Hertl-Boedker
Ward-Tierney-Donskoi

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Some attachments that I've liked…

Labanc-Thornton-Karlsson
Marleau-Couture-Pavs
Hansen-Hertl-Boedker
Ward-Tierney-Donskoi

I think that first line would be the ice hockey equivalent of 2 yards and a cloud of dust. I don't think they'd be very effective. Although who knows what we really have in Labanc. There could be greatness hidden underneath.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
Donskoi deserves a chance to start in the top six or at least top nine with what he showed in last year's playoffs. He was probably our 4th best forward after the Joes and Couture. He has also been looking much better lately.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Donskoi deserves a chance to start in the top six or at least top nine with what he showed in last year's playoffs. He was probably our 4th best forward after the Joes and Couture. He has also been looking much better lately.

Umm. Hertl? Marleau? At a minimum. Probably arguments for more...

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012

Dont disagree.

If boedker stays with hertl he can def go with couture.

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
For the playoffs I'd go
Labanc-Thornton-Pavs
Patty-Couture-Donskoi
Hansen-Hertl-Boedker
Ward-Tierney-Karlsson

Would probably prefer Timo or Sorenson to Ward, but that will never happen. Would be ok with Donskoi, Karlsson, and Boedker being switched around too. If Labanc sits for Haley though I'll lose my *****.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
For the playoffs I'd go
Labanc-Thornton-Pavs
Patty-Couture-Donskoi
Hansen-Hertl-Boedker
Ward-Tierney-Karlsson

Would probably prefer Timo or Sorenson to Ward, but that will never happen. Would be ok with Donskoi, Karlsson, and Boedker being switched around too. If Labanc sits for Haley though I'll lose my *****.

You gotta have ward in the playoffs until he shows hes not gonna notch it up.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
Umm. Hertl? Marleau? At a minimum. Probably arguments for more...

Hertl was great in the Blues series and if he'd stayed healthy maybe he would have been a big factor in the Pens series as well. But Donskoi was fantastic throughout the playoffs. He had two huge goals in the series clinching game against LA, had two beautiful assists in the Game 5 blowout of Nashville that turned the series and had big goals in Games 3 and 6 against St. Louis. Plus the SCF OT winner. Beyond that he was really the only winger in the lineup who could have enabled Couture and Marleau to have the kind of postseasons that they did (especially Couture) after he was moved onto that line. Marleau was good too but Donskoi had more of an impact IMO.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Ya, although I do believe he should be on the 4th line until he proves he still has that extra playoff gear.

Im okay with that. But i dont think there is a huge gulf between donskoi and ward atm

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
Ya, although I do believe he should be on the 4th line until he proves he still has that extra playoff gear.

Those are definitely the lines I would go with (maybe swap Donskoi and Boedker depending on individual performance) and if they're used optimally there shouldn't be too much of a discrepancy in even strength ice time between them. So Ward will get his chances if he actually is still capable of an extra playoff gear.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
For the playoffs I'd go
Labanc-Thornton-Pavs
Patty-Couture-Donskoi
Hansen-Hertl-Boedker
Ward-Tierney-Karlsson

I like this lineup a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA