Recalled/Assigned: Sharks Recalls 2016-17: Meier reassigned 4/23/17

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Looks like he's sitting for Haley, so I'm not sure if that's a good thing.

whid.gif

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Ultimately though we do need the kids to have gotten play time this season, we are hurting often because we got rid of definite, though unspectacular, NHL players and replaced them with prospects that may not be ready for the NHL, even though they have higher ceilings.

The consistency of a Tommy Wingels could have been useful, especially during the slump.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Ultimately though we do need the kids to have gotten play time this season, we are hurting often because we got rid of definite, though unspectacular, NHL players and replaced them with prospects that may not be ready for the NHL, even though they have higher ceilings.

The consistency of a Tommy Wingels could have been useful, especially during the slump.

Wingels was an average 4th liner at best. The consistency that he would've brought would've been just mildly better than what Haley brought.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Wingels was an average 4th liner at best. The consistency that he would've brought would've been just mildly better than what Haley brought.

he did perform better than the meiers, sorensens and other cup of coffee players that came through this year.
he probably would have outscored donskoi this year

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
he did perform better than the meiers, sorensens and other cup of coffee players that came through this year.
he probably would have outscored donskoi this year

Probably not

KJ4ekpO.png

Our friend Nieto, maybe

7Ul4CvA.png

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Probably not

KJ4ekpO.png

Our friend Nieto, maybe

7Ul4CvA.png

Yep. Both Meier and Sorenson are on a better PPG pace this year than Wingels.

Hell .. Haley is tied for points with Wingels. And Haley has played 14 fewer games too. And I agree, Nieto would have been preferable over Wingels at this time. Problem is PDB would not play Nieto over Haley, so there was honestly little point in keeping him around. Atleast he is getting a shot in Colorado.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Trading Wingels is and was always a good move. Buddy Robinson has been big for the Cuda and Wingels made too much money.

Waiving Nieto is and was dumb. Would be nice to have right now. But not worth discussion.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I'd be shocked if they all don't play tomorrow. Have to guess that Thornton and Couture are going on IR now as well for the last game of the year.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I'd be shocked if they all don't play tomorrow. Have to guess that Thornton and Couture are going on IR now as well for the last game of the year.

No need.

First, roster limit of 23 goes away after trade deadline.

Second, it's the end of the paid/salary season, so no cap limits (going forward).

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Probably not

KJ4ekpO.png

Our friend Nieto, maybe

7Ul4CvA.png

Yep. Both Meier and Sorenson are on a better PPG pace this year than Wingels.

Hell .. Haley is tied for points with Wingels. And Haley has played 14 fewer games too. And I agree, Nieto would have been preferable over Wingels at this time. Problem is PDB would not play Nieto over Haley, so there was honestly little point in keeping him around. Atleast he is getting a shot in Colorado.

I said that explicitly taking into account how he would have performed with the Sharks, not the Sens. he was actually looking pretty good when he was traded, remember.

donskoi has been dreadful and has missed significant time. his performance or lack thereof is arguably as large a single issue with this season as any other.

Last edited:

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Glad to see Goodrow get a point and O'Regan get his first goal.

I don't feel like Goodie can crack this roster - but he looks like he belongs in the NHL. O'Regan still needs some seasoning, but he could be a good mid-6 guy ala Tierney.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Tierney is not a good middle six guy

Ohh I thought we liked him now? 22 years old, solid face-off percentage, year over year increase in goal scoring, solid corsi numbers down the stretch, excellent PKer. Don't think he has peaked yet either - definite room for physical development and still learning how to handle the puck in the offensive zone.

Never gonna be a top-line guy, but he can already compliment the right top-6 wingers (i.e. Hansen Boedker) or lead an effective 3rd (i.e. Last seasons playoffs).

Tierney is a good asset and will be a good piece to have in the coming years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad