Recalled/Assigned: Sharks Recalls 2015-16 Part I

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
They're in San Jose most of the year. Makes sense to let DeMelo play out te end of the regular season in the 'A' to be fresh when the playoffs start. They'll likely need him at some point.

ThisIsDream

Mar 7, 2016
Bay Area
I've been watching highlights and have been really impressed with the way Hertl uses his body for puck possession and to win battles.
I'm hoping the Meier will turn out the same way but have better scoring touch than Hertl since both have similar body builds.

Sharksfan83

Jul 27, 2010
I've been watching highlights and have been really impressed with the way Hertl uses his body for puck possession and to win battles.
I'm hoping the Meier will turn out the same way but have better scoring touch than Hertl since both have similar body builds.

I'd love if Meier ended up like Hertl but with better scoring touch. Our core of Hertl/Godolbin/Meier/Donskoi/Couture/Tierney altho lacking that ELITE talent (Which one of the younger guys could still turn into) makes me very happy considering what it looked like 2 years ago..

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I'd love if Meier ended up like Hertl but with better scoring touch. Our core of Hertl/Godolbin/Meier/Donskoi/Couture/Tierney altho lacking that ELITE talent (Which one of the younger guys could still turn into) makes me very happy considering what it looked like 2 years ago..

Hertl is a 1st line forward right now. Meier will be lucky to be as good offensively as Hertl is now.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Hertl is a 1st line forward right now. Meier will be lucky to be as good offensively as Hertl is now.

I think the Sharks see a bit of Hertl in Meier. In that there probably won't be any luck involved, and it will be a matter of work ethic and other personality traits, combined with an NHL ready build and 1st round pedigree talent.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007

They are very different players but what makes Hertl so good are his individual possession abilities and his ability to create on his own. Those are two things that Meier doesn't have right now.

Hertl is a borderline 1st liner on his own and as of right now, I still think Meier will need help to get to that level.

I wish it would happen now but hopefully Hertl will be given his own line next year and they stick with it.

Sharksfan83

Jul 27, 2010
They are very different players but what makes Hertl so good are his individual possession abilities and his ability to create on his own. Those are two things that Meier doesn't have right now.

Hertl is a borderline 1st liner on his own and as of right now, I still think Meier will need help to get to that level.

I wish it would happen now but hopefully Hertl will be given his own line next year and they stick with it.

He should have Hertl, Godolbin (hoping), Donskoi and Couture as younger players. He wont have to do it on his own. He'd actually be good with Donskoi I'd imagine. Donskoi creates room for his line, as he can beat players with ease.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
He should have Hertl, Godolbin (hoping), Donskoi and Couture as younger players. He wont have to do it on his own. He'd actually be good with Donskoi I'd imagine. Donskoi creates room for his line, as he can beat players with ease.

I was just pointing out the differences between the two players. I think Hertl is a 'catalyst' where Meier is 'complementary' player.

If they want Meier in the NHL next season he belongs on Thornton's wing where he'll get offensive zone starts, face secondary comp and get to play with one of the best possession and playmaking centers in the NHL.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I was just pointing out the differences between the two players. I think Hertl is a 'catalyst' where Meier is 'complementary' player.

If they want Meier in the NHL next season he belongs on Thornton's wing where he'll get offensive zone starts, face secondary comp and get to play with one of the best possession and playmaking centers in the NHL.

Which would be interesting on multiple levels with where the roster sits. I think it's pretty good odds that Goldobin is on the Sharks next season so him and Meier means they have to open up two spots in the top nine to make that really work. With Thornton and Marleau with NMC's, they ultimately control their fate. It'd be hard to see them move off Pavs, Couture, Hertl, Ward, and Donskoi. The only guys left that aren't UFA is Tierney, Nieto, Wingels, and Karlsson. I think if Meier is going to get that opportunity that Wingels almost has to be traded. If both are making the roster, I'd have to think it would be Nieto that goes as well.

However, I don't think Meier makes the big club next season. He'll probably get the Goldobin treatment next season. Give him nine games when they can and keep him down and slide the ELC to a year off.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario

Thorntons line plays no where near secondary competition. According to the stats i looked at last time (few weeks ago), thornton faces the hardest competion on the team. But then of course i was told the stat actually neans nothing when it was pointed out lol.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Which would be interesting on multiple levels with where the roster sits. I think it's pretty good odds that Goldobin is on the Sharks next season so him and Meier means they have to open up two spots in the top nine to make that really work. With Thornton and Marleau with NMC's, they ultimately control their fate. It'd be hard to see them move off Pavs, Couture, Hertl, Ward, and Donskoi. The only guys left that aren't UFA is Tierney, Nieto, Wingels, and Karlsson. I think if Meier is going to get that opportunity that Wingels almost has to be traded. If both are making the roster, I'd have to think it would be Nieto that goes as well.

However, I don't think Meier makes the big club next season. He'll probably get the Goldobin treatment next season. Give him nine games when they can and keep him down and slide the ELC to a year off.

If goldobin and meier show they belong in the nhl, then wingels and nieto are the 2 that absolutely need to go. Both are very limited offensively.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Thorntons line plays no where near secondary competition. According to the stats i looked at last time (few weeks ago), thornton faces the hardest competion on the team. But then of course i was told the stat actually neans nothing when it was pointed out lol.

I was looking towards next season but I think QoT matters more than QoC.

DeBoer isn't much of a match up guy when it comes to the forwards but recently he's been making a bit more of an effort to get Couture's line out against the other teams top lines so I was guessing that may be a trend that sticks. Maybe not though.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I guess if Haley's in AND beats up Nurse then that's cool. If Haley's in and does nothing then boooooooo.

Hangemhigh

Dec 20, 2013
I guess Haley will be fighting Nursery. Too bad we don't have Scott for such games. Also, isn't McLaren available?

Last edited:

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Nurse would not fight scott he is a coward. He wouldn't even fight polak straight thats how big a coward he is.

If it is going to happen i hope both coaches/players get it over with right off the starting faceoff.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Nurse would not fight scott he is a coward. He wouldn't even fight polak straight thats how big a coward he is.

Nurses first NHL fight was against Lucic. Calgary sent 6'8 Hunter Smith at Nurse in the pre season and he bloodied up and smashed Smith's face.

You can be pissed at what he did but to say he's a coward is totally wrong. I'm sure if Haley is the guy Nurse will oblige and gladly fight.

I'll leave your guys' forum. You guys do seem like the majority are chill sociable bros, I'll be cheering for the Sharks in the playoffs. Lots of Oilers fans will too (see: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2045629&highlight=)

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I guess Haley will be fighting Nursery. Too bad we don't have Scott for such games. Also, isn't McLaren available?

Technically, yes. But even though he's back in the Barracuda lineup, he's wearing a full face shield.

Have to think that is because he's been directed to do so by the docs. (IOW, probably cannot fight without great potential of injury.)

Hangemhigh

Dec 20, 2013
Technically, yes. But even though he's back in the Barracuda lineup, he's wearing a full face shield.

Have to think that is because he's been directed to do so by the docs. (IOW, probably cannot fight without great potential of injury.)

Thanks! I hope McLaren is better soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4