Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info & Discussion Thread XX

PattyLafontaine

Apr 5, 2006
The 1995 Sharks 1st round pick (#12) Teemu Riihijärvi has now came back from retirement (since 2005) and joined top-level hockey with the Puckers Luxembourg of the Luxembourg Hockey League.

Can't wait for Belgians in the NHL. Corson Ceulemans is the only one of Belgian descent in minor league hockey.

Reactions: PacificOceanPotion

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Can't wait for Belgians in the NHL. Corson Ceulemans is the only one of Belgian descent in minor league hockey.
We’ve got Musty, alls we’d need is like a Morgan Funk or somethin. Then when we get ourselves a true blooded Flemish kid, we can draft ourselves a Paul Cougher. Boom.

Btw, I’m over 50% Belgian on my mom’s side! Well, it comes out as German in genetically tested kit type stuff but my Great grandmother was born and raised in Belgium, emigrated to Illinois in the 1930’s I believe. Pretty cool stuff. Shuda and Duesslier surnames.

Reactions: landshark

Grinner

May 31, 2022
We’ve got Musty, alls we’d need is like a Morgan Funk or somethin. Then when we get ourselves a true blooded Flemish kid, we can draft ourselves a Paul Cougher. Boom.

Btw, I’m over 50% Belgian on my mom’s side! Well, it comes out as German in genetically tested kit type stuff but my Great grandmother was born and raised in Belgium, emigrated to Illinois in the 1930’s I believe. Pretty cool stuff. Shuda and Duesslier surnames.
And what if the Sharks bring in full blooded Walloon in?

PattyLafontaine

Apr 5, 2006

Dual Citizen here although I don't have a Belgian surname.

The irony is that Belgium won men's field hockey in the last olympics. They should have a better ice hockey program.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Looks like Bystedt's season might be over soon. Has 2pts in 3 games in the playoffs but Linkoping is down 0-3 after 3 OT losses. Wonder if there's been any discussion on coming over this year.

I think Grier wanted to bring him over last year, or at least I remember inferring that from an interview. I’m guessing he and Havelid are on the Cuda next year. I wonder if Edstrom will come too or if he’s going to do another year. The three of them would help the Cuda a LOT.

Wondering if any other guys are ready for pro.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Pretty amazing that the AHL team has also had four straight losing records. When you're completely devoid of talent in the NHL I guess that impacts the AHL as well.

Hopefully some talent will start to be pumped into both teams.

Reactions: Jargon

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Pretty amazing that the AHL team has also had four straight losing records. When you're completely devoid of talent in the NHL I guess that impacts the AHL as well.

Hopefully some talent will start to be pumped into both teams.

If Smith is signed and starts in the AHL, and Edstrom, Bystedt and Havelid all come over, that’ll be the most talented our AHL team has been for a looooong time.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I don't think Havelid is eligible to play in the AHL next season due to the new SHL-NHL transfer agreement.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Doesn't Bystedt have Dahlen-itus? Meaning it's NHL or SHL, no AHL?
Only second round and later picks are NHL or AHL, and it only applies when they also have a contract with an SHL team. So it could impact Hävelid and Landén, but not Bystedt.

Dahlen was also an entirely different situation - he had a rough first year in North America, went back home to regain confidence, and then COVID happened, so he stayed in Sweden for a second season because there was no NHL season scheduled in August/September 2020. We didn't start playing until January 2021, by which point Dahlen's season with Timrå was half-over - no reason to force anything.

Reactions: landshark

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad