Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info & Discussion Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
He is a good prospect that was a solid pick, please don't hype him up. Not being negative just being real. He has look underwhelming this yr. every time I watch him play he looks like kevin labanc.
You are saying that like it's a bad thing. Labanc has his problems but he's an NHLer, which is better than most 6th rounders. If Coe can be a 6'4" version of Labanc playing on the 3rd line that'd be fantastic. That's exactly the kinda depth player teams dream about. Hell even a 4th liner with that kinda size who can skate and add some scoring pop has value.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Eklund miss a break-away for his first goal since going to sweden, beside that looks very bad today. He was getting pin of the boards repeatedly and fail to use the advantage of the big ice at all. A very discouraging game. Doug wilson jr. wanted to him go dominate, that hasn't been the case.

Eklund, Wiesblatt, Kniazev and Merkley all struggling in their sub-NHL leagues at the moment. Sad times for the DWjr. heads.

TEALICIOUS

Nov 29, 2021
It's a very bad thing b/c a guy who wait for the puck will be frustrating to watch and can't play defense will be as well. I guess you are please with labanc style, oH! his on the fourth line right now I think. People assume bordy is going to be the solution , that's not the case.

TEALICIOUS

Nov 29, 2021
Eklund, Wiesblatt, Kniazev and Merkley all struggling in their sub-NHL leagues at the moment. Sad times for the DWjr. heads.
Eklund going to be fine in the long term, he was the right pick but sometimes you forget young players take time to become great. Don't be sad eklund just need to get stronger and improve his quickness, the worse case he will be logan couture dependable. But I believe he will better than that. The rest are hit and miss, that's right we need to rebuild. We don't have many high end prospect.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
It's a very bad thing b/c a guy who wait for the puck will be frustrating to watch and can't play defense will be as well. I guess you are please with labanc style, oH! his on the fourth line right now I think. People assume bordy is going to be the solution , that's not the case.
You seem like fun. Why can’t you just let people be excited about a prospect?

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
You are saying that like it's a bad thing. Labanc has his problems but he's an NHLer, which is better than most 6th rounders. If Coe can be a 6'4" version of Labanc playing on the 3rd line that'd be fantastic. That's exactly the kinda depth player teams dream about. Hell even a 4th liner with that kinda size who can skate and add some scoring pop has value.

He was referring to Bordeleau not Coe.

Reactions: Sandisfan

jarr92

May 7, 2013

Maybe I'm misinterpreting (apologies if so) but this comes off as gloating that some of the Sharks prospects aren't doing well. If so, that's frankly kind of weird/lame for a Sharks fan.

Also, who is cheering specifically for DWjr? I'm pretty sure almost everyone on here just wants the Sharks/their prospects to do well.. But I guess for some posters the most important thing about hockey is winning fictional internet points to stroke their ego :)

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I think worrying about Bordeleau is a little strange. One 3-game hot streak points-wise and he's right back to the PPG area he was last season.

Wiesblatt would undoubtedly be putting up better numbers on a better team with more talent.

Ryan Merkley has 8 points in 11 games. Not bad to me.

Eklund is playing on the worst team in Sweden by a good margin. He needs to improve things in his game like his shot but from the sounds of it he's still generating plenty of chances. He's developing. Expecting him to light up the SHL on a horrid team is a little overboard.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Maybe I'm misinterpreting (apologies if so) but this comes off as gloating that some of the Sharks prospects aren't doing well. If so, that's frankly kind of weird/lame for a Sharks fan.

Also, who is cheering specifically for DWjr? I'm pretty sure almost everyone on here just wants the Sharks/their prospects to do well.. But I guess for some posters the most important thing about hockey is winning fictional internet points to stroke their ego :)

When you can’t bag on Barabanov anymore, you need to come up with something…

jMoneyBrah

Jan 10, 2013
South Bay

What? Some prospects have middling results for a portion of the season? What a disaster! I guess their NHL careers are over before they began. What a waste of draft picks, time and energy. We should fire DW, jr or otherwise. I can’t believe I even had positive thoughts about them, ever. How did I ever misjudge them so badly? This absolutely rocks my faith in mine own ability to grasp the world around me.

This just sucks. I’m so distraught. Anyone know any nice bridges around here?

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021

None of his picks have panned out for us yet but he gets talked about among fans like he's this genius talent evaluator rather than a guy who got promoted with no experience because his dad is the GM. Let's give it a rest on praising him until some of these prospects actually make an impact in the NHL. So far his results as scouting director aren't looking any better than Tim Burke's.

jarr92

May 7, 2013
None of his picks have panned out for us yet but he gets talked about among fans like he's this genius talent evaluator rather than a guy who got promoted with no experience because his dad is the GM. Let's give it a rest on praising him until some of these prospects actually make an impact in the NHL. So far his results as scouting director aren't looking any better than Tim Burke's.

It's definitely too early to tell regarding DWjr. I would say the last couple drafts have been significantly more interesting than Burke drafts, but we'll all just have to wait 3-4 seasons to find out for sure. Also Burke still seems like he has some influence with drafting so who really knows. Bordeleau's sophomore production is most concerning to me personally. Leonard scored at a similar pace and he may not be an NHLer.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
It's definitely too early to tell regarding DWjr. I would say the last couple drafts have been significantly more interesting than Burke drafts, but we'll all just have to wait 3-4 seasons to find out for sure. Also Burke still seems like he has some influence with drafting so who really knows. Bordeleau's sophomore production is most concerning to me personally. Leonard scored at a similar pace and he may not be an NHLer.
Leonard scored wayyyy differently though. Leonard scored mostly on individual effort plays and speed, which doesn’t transfer the same in the NHL unless you’re supremely talented/fast.

Bordeleau slows the game down more and makes great passes, which should translate to the NHL better.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I may be mistaken but I believe DW Jr.'s first draft was the Norris, Ferraro draft.

TEALICIOUS

Nov 29, 2021
A lot of sensitive ppl on this board and very misinform ppl, any sharks players in the organization I want them to do well. I never say that eklund need to dominate the shl, that's doug wilson jr. I been posting eklund game, if you read it, I say he is doing fine. I will continue to post about sharks prospect, it doesn't matter what I say or anyone say. It's up to the players to get better. I will leave it as that !!! Stats aren't everything, michigan is a stack team and please watch the game. Don't do stats watching.

Last edited:

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
A lot of sensitive ppl on this board and very misinform ppl, any sharks players in the organization I want them to do well. I never say that eklund need to dominate the shl, that's doug wilson jr. I been posting eklund game, if you read it, I say he is doing fine. I will continue to post about sharks prospect, it doesn't matter what I say or anyone say. It's up to the players to get better. I will leave it as that !!! Stats aren't everything, michigan is a stack team and please watch the game. Don't do stats watching.
I enjoy reading your posts. I don’t get to watch any SEL games and like reading opinions from people who are watching the games.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Talked to my Sarnia contact (Play by Play Announcer) and he says Gaudreau is an absolute stud. I'll see what else I can get out of him re: Gaudreau

Gaudreau is a garbage fire, like Eklund and Ferraro and Bordeleau who will literally be so bad he’ll cause the Sharks to get relegated to the SHL.

Sorry, Hodge seemed lonely.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Bordeleau is doing just fine. He's point-per-game on a wagon of a team that has 4 of the top-5 picks from last years draft, as well as multiple other first round picks, so we can't expect him to get the puck every time he's on the ice. Eklund is on the worst placed team in the SHL, and he is still 19 playing against some fully grown men, so no doubt he'll get out muscled. Ozzy is the one that needs a change of scenery, he's a first round pick in his d+2 playing on a bad team with no help at all. PA should trade him to a contender before they waste him as an asset, and a player.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Part 2 of my prospect rant:
Merkley has had a good year. He's gone up and down to the NHL, and looked good there, and has good numbers on a not so good Barracuda team. If we didn't already have 2 right handed offensive defenseman I think he'd be getting a lot more looks. I would like to see more points for Cardwell, but Barrie has been underwhelming compared to expectations...they were the favorites to win the OHL before the season started, but I guess there's still time. Most of our OHL guys have been fantastic in Coe, Guschin, and Gaudreau all being studs.

IMO the most disappointing prospect so far has been Kniazev especially since he had such a strong training camp.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
IMO the most disappointing prospect so far has been Kniazev especially since he had such a strong training camp.

It's still very early for him and he can turn it around with experience, but Kniazev really has had a rough start so far. Too many errors, too many ill-advised shots into shinpads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad