Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info/Discussion Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I've had friends who literally sold drugs and robbed houses when they were 19... now they're totally normal adults with families and regular jobs. It's shocking, but 19 year olds aren't actually particularly well-developed, reasonable people yet. WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT??

Last edited:

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Where is the proof he is not satan!??

Satan confirmed E5

images

images

images

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
im going to laugh when they cant trade him but dont want him there and he ends up in the ahl because he has no contract anymore

Reactions: Sandisfan

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
What the hell standard is Merkley being held up to? He's a punk kid playing junior hockey. Junior hockey. Junior. Junior. Unpaid, junior hockey. No one wants him the OHL? Why does anyone think that would bother him? Does he want to play in the OHL for the rest of his life? Um, no. He wants to play in the NHL, he wants to have a professional career. He was a 1st round pick, and yes his attitude caused him to slide in the draft, but someone still liked him enough to draft him in the 1st round, so he obviously has the ability to play in the NHL. His OHL coaches can't even legitimately threaten him, benching him doesn't remove his talent, scratching him doesn't mean he wasn't drafted in the 1st round. He's not underperforming when he plays, and yes, he does have aspects of his game that he needs to improve, but the OHL isn't the only place he can learn and improve. Everyone seems to want to put him in his place, but they lack the power or weight required to actually do that because no matter what they say or do, they can't take away his talent, and they won't prevent the Sharks from trying to turn him into an NHLer.

sharks_dynasty

Oct 25, 2006
San Jose, CA
The times that I have seen him playing in San Jose he just seems so happy and enjoying every minute of the experience. Hard to understand why he is being shunned in the junior league. I’m sure the Sharks are going to find him a good home. Perhaps overseas?

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
Chicoutimi announced their final roster and Kotkov is not listed. Doesn’t appear to have been traded so curious if they plan on keeping him in the AHL this season. I assumed he’d go back to junior as he is one of the few players eligible to do so.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Does "final" roster include IR?

I know there are some crazy machinations WRT NHL roster about "non-roster" players that sometimes get used at the start of the season for injury, visa or other issues.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Chicoutimi announced their final roster and Kotkov is not listed. Doesn’t appear to have been traded so curious if they plan on keeping him in the AHL this season. I assumed he’d go back to junior as he is one of the few players eligible to do so.
Can you link where you saw the roster?

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Not entirely sure if this is the right place to put this, but Sharks Free Agent signing Lean Bergmann played in the Champions Hockey League here in Europe today and scored 2 goals and had an assist in a 6-1 victory for his Mannheim team against Vienna.
Not the strongest competition but he seems to be picking up where he had left off last season. He will play one more game with Mannheim on Sunday before he leaves for the Sharks' rookie camp. I am really curious where his path will take him this season.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Not entirely sure if this is the right place to put this, but Sharks Free Agent signing Lean Bergmann played in the Champions Hockey League here in Europe today and scored 2 goals and had an assist in a 6-1 victory for his Mannheim team against Vienna.
Not the strongest competition but he seems to be picking up where he had left off last season. He will play one more game with Mannheim on Sunday before he leaves for the Sharks' rookie camp. I am really curious where his path will take him this season.
I honestly didn’t think he could play for his German league team or I woulda watched the game dammit.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California

Really interested in him. Big guy, plays with an edge, and apparently is quick and has really good hands. We haven't talked too much about him here (as most of us don't know anything about him) but really curious how he does at camp. I can see why the Sharks might be more willing to see how their rookies do this year, they have a really interesting crop -- probably one of the best I've seen in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad