Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info/Discussion Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

wishman

Jan 20, 2007
Looks like Norris and Chmelevksi both made the World Jr Showcase team for US. McGrew was cut.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Norris!!!
Karlsson also had an assist on Sweden's first goal.

Last edited:

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
This is true, Hughes had a huge game, none of it would have happened without him. But Norris seems to have a knack for putting it in the net when his team needs a big one. Norris seems to use his strength well to get into the high danger areas, very smart player with a good shot. I'm liking him a lot more after this and the prospects scrimmage, looking more and more like a lock for at the least a 2nd liner. He kinda reminds me of a faster Ryane Clowe.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Quinn Hughes is such a fantastic skater.

Norris looked like good around the net with those two goals. Maybe he can find his place around that area.

Reactions: NiWa

wishman

Jan 20, 2007
Quinn Hughes is such a fantastic skater.

Norris looked like good around the net with those two goals. Maybe he can find his place around that area.

I watched the entire game last night. Was pretty impressed with Norris the entire game, not just the two goals. Was physical, strong on the boards, and showed good vision and passing. Didn't really flash any other playmaking skill but that probably isn't really expected. Karlsson and Chem were just so-so.

Reactions: NiWa

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Corey Pronman's thoughts from the World Junior Showcase

Alexander Chmelevski, C, San Jose: When I watched Chmelevski in the OHL, he looked like a dynamic playmaker and someone who ran the 67’s offense. At this camp, he was put into a versatile and at times checking role, and to my surprise, he excelled at that. I can’t remember seeing him on the PK at any point before, but he was winning battles and making defensive plays while chipping in with some of his usual offensive creativity.

No mentions of Norris.

Pronman: World Junior camp takeaways and projected rosters

Behind paywall of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad