Sharks Practice Gamesmanship Re: Oilers Practice Times

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
This is funny. Cause the sharks went on early for there practice haha.

In there own building and not breaking the 1.5 hours between pratices rules that the nhl sets out.

So again the oilers do not like following set schedules.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
This is funny. Cause the sharks went on early for there practice haha.

You do realize that the Sharks practice in another building miles away right?
According to Dreger, 11:30am is the designated start-time for away teams on game days. The team doesn't follow simple instructions and then cries foul. Some entitlement by the Oilers team/management or what?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
You do realize that the Sharks practice in another building miles away right?
According to Dreger, 11:30am is the designated start-time for away teams on game days. The team doesn't follow simple instructions and then cries foul. Some entitlement by the Oilers team/management or what?

Seems more the fans and pundits following the Oilers more than the Oilers themselves to me.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
It's gamesmanship but I don't think it's going to work, Oilers don't need to get bogged down in stuff like that, they can sit back on their accomplishments and say "See we're in their heads, keep doing what we're doing boys"

Famous last words. 7-0. Every team should do this now.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
the oilers have tens of thousands of smart logical fans in edmonton, sadly they also have some of the dumbest trash youve ever met so dont be surprised to see some petty revenge from fans

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
the oilers have tens of thousands of smart logical fans in edmonton, sadly they also have some of the dumbest trash youve ever met so dont be surprised to see some petty revenge from fans

Nobody would be surprised. It's that way in every market. I wouldn't expect the Sharks to react any differently than the Oilers did. They handled it well within expectations. They went about their business.

varano

Jun 27, 2013

Thats every market man

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
I hope we respond in a ridiculous way, like fish in the vents or something. I laughed at the Sharks not turning on the lights, it was a funny show of gamesmanship, but then we lost 7-0 and have been sad since.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Better yet blast an alarm that assaults the eardrums from a loudspeaker at the hotel where the Sharks are staying at 2:30 in the morning.

This is one i never liked. It would make sense and be good if they were the only guests in the hotel.

But these hotels could have little kids that should not be woken up at 2am because of a stupid hockey game prank.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
Not really.

I have no preference for either team, but that is not a cool move.

Reminds me of Montreal making teams sit on the tarmac for hours with excuse of customs issues back in the day...

I also remember the Nordiques not allowing the Rangers to take the ice prior to a playoff game because of a band on the ice. Then the fans threw garbage and coins on the ice- rangers pulled some nonsense in return....guess this stuff has been going on for a long time.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Not really.

I have no preference for either team, but that is not a cool move.

Reminds me of Montreal making teams sit on the tarmac for hours with excuse of customers back in the day...

I also remember the Nordiques not allowing the Rangers to take the ice prior to a playoff game because of a band on the ice.thrm the fans threw garbage and coins on the ice- rangers pulled some nonsense in return....guess this stuff has been going on for a long time.

Because trying to practice in an arena (that the Sharks don't even own by the way) before your scheduled time is totally the same as those situations...

If the lights didn't turn on at 11:30 (which a team could do if they really wanted to have some "gamesmanship"), that would be an issue. But going to an arena before your scheduled time and crying "they aren't doing what I want!" is ridiculous.

That's like me going to McDonald's before they open and complaining about them not letting me in and making me breakfast...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad