Sharks Practice Gamesmanship Re: Oilers Practice Times

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
False. Oilers were told to start their practises at 11:30 as the Sharks practiced in the morning and the media could cover both teams. The Oilers started early anyways

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
False. Oilers were told to start their practises at 11:30 as the Sharks practiced in the morning and the media could cover both teams. The Oilers started early anyways

They started early without full lighting and nets. Only at 11:30, did the benevolent Sharks management allow for the Oilers to have a proper practice. In regular season there was no issues turning the lights on early for the Oilers as well. Dirty Shark Tricks from a classless organization.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
They started early without full lighting and nets. Only at 11:30, did the benevolent Sharks management allow for the Oilers to have a proper practice. In regular season there was no issues turning the lights on early for the Oilers as well. Dirty Shark Tricks from a classless organization.

Example number one of many of people overreacting to a nothing story. lol

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Meh, its all in good fun. There is no doubt in my mind it is a bit of gamesmanship and there is no doubt in my mind that even those behind the gamesmanship think it funnier than purposeful.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Bush league by the Sharks.

Giving Columbus a run for their money.

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005
It's gamesmanship but I don't think it's going to work, Oilers don't need to get bogged down in stuff like that, they can sit back on their accomplishments and say "See we're in their heads, keep doing what we're doing boys"

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
If they were told practice can begin at 11:30, then I don't see the issue.

Players and teams have there game day rituals and schedules planned out for maximum performance in the game. Why should they have to start at a time dictated by the opposition. What if the Sharks said 3:30pm for practice? Then the Oilers are gassed at game time? All because of Sharks management fake building rules?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Example number one of many of people overreacting to a nothing story. lol

Just calling out the dirt move as a dirt move. No overreaction here. I'm still highly confident and excited to see the Oilers thrash the Sharks tonight.

Measles

Oct 30, 2015
Calgary
This ranks right up there with Deflategate and the Cardinals Hacking Scandal. And if all they suffer is the stripping of draft-picks then they got off lightly.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Players and teams have there game day rituals and schedules planned out for maximum performance in the game. Why should they have to start at a time dictated by the opposition. What if the Sharks said 3:30pm for practice? Then the Oilers are gassed at game time? All because of Sharks management fake building rules?
I imagine there are CBA rules that protect the players in that regard.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

You're making the assumption that the decision was entirely up to the Sharks.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00