Sharks Practice Gamesmanship Re: Oilers Practice Times

Finesse

nostromo
Dec 9, 2013
Players and teams have there game day rituals and schedules planned out for maximum performance in the game. Why should they have to start at a time dictated by the opposition. What if the Sharks said 3:30pm for practice? Then the Oilers are gassed at game time? All because of Sharks management fake building rules?

No one cares about the other team's 'game day rituals' and they never will. Also, they didn't give them a 3:30 start. They gave them an 11:30 start. So, that criticism doesn't even make sense.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Just calling out the dirt move as a dirt move. No overreaction here. I'm still highly confident and excited to see the Oilers thrash the Sharks tonight.

No you're overreacting because you don't have all the information needed to reach such a conclusion. You want it to be that way just to do this very thing. The Oilers probably beat the Sharks as I've stated since before the series started. It doesn't change that you and others are making something out of nothing.

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
Just calling out the dirt move as a dirt move. No overreaction here. I'm still highly confident and excited to see the Oilers thrash the Sharks tonight.

I mean you kind of are overreacting but ok

Edit: also does this really deserve it's own thread so Oiler fans can bash the sharks and their org without any real proof as to what happened aside from some stories from Canadian media that imply the Sharks purposely made them practice in the dark

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
No you're overreacting because you don't have all the information needed to reach such a conclusion. You want it to be that way just to do this very thing. The Oilers probably beat the Sharks as I've stated since before the series started. It doesn't change that you and others are making something out of nothing.

It's not nothing, it is nothing + 0.0000003.

Willy Styles

Nov 5, 2014
York Region
All those years of playoff disappointment really got the heads of the SJ management it seems.

They'll literally do anything to get an edge in what should be an easy series for San Jose.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
No one cares about the other team's 'game day rituals' and they never will. Also, they didn't give them a 3:30 start. They gave them an 11:30 start. So, that criticism doesn't even make sense.

They gave them an 11:30 start when they were capable of giving them an earlier start which the Oilers wanted.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I'm not seeing the issue. If they scheduled them for an 11:30 practice, that's what they would prepare for.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
Scotty Bowman used to have the wings visitor locker room painted before home games in the play-offs. Sometimes pink. And sometimes multiple times a series. The paint was still wet, and stunk when it was game time.

This really is a new age of "special snowflake" mentality that this is viewed as "Dirty" and classless.

Welcome to play-off gamesmanship. Id have been ok if they locked em out of the arena until they were scheduled to start.

Tom Collins

Aug 26, 2013
I'm not seeing the issue. If they scheduled them for an 11:30 practice, that's what they would prepare for.

I mean yeah, if there was no one there to turn on the lights and get the nets, but I'm not so sure that's the case. Doesn't really make a difference anyway, and I find it kind of funny. Good to know the building crew is "into it" too.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I'm sure Katz had some features built into Rogers Place just for this. Like making the visitor locker room into a sauna :o

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Nice how the Sharks scheduled a 11:30 practice for themselves then started skating at quarter to 11.

Well if we assume they had total control of both decisions, it is their building and they're not under any obligation to grant the Oilers' request. In essence, you're complaining that they had to start their practice at the designated starting time. That seems like an unwarranted sense of entitlement to complain about wanting to start earlier.

jebs

Mar 4, 2011
I think this is pretty funny actually.

Me 2. I doubt it will give them any advantage but as the home team, they entitled to do it. Anyone crying about it is ridiculous.

This is playoffs. You shouldn't be rolling out the red carpet to your opponents.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Well if we assume they had total control of both decisions, it is their building and they're not under any obligation to grant the Oilers' request. In essence, you're complaining that they had to start their practice at the designated starting time. That seems like an unwarranted sense of entitlement to complain about wanting to start earlier.

All in all it's just another brick in the wall

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad