Rumor: Sharks offering Evander Kane a mid to long-term deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Again it depends on the unknown language in the trade clause.

For all we know the clause could say SJ owes a 1at round pick if “Kane is on the SJ roster anytime during the 2018-19 season”.

Thats the $64,000 question

League will penalize san jose if the violate the spirit of the deal which means he is on their 18/19 roster.

Remember they traded a player, 2nd and 4th so to dodge giving up a 1st they lokely give up more in a sign and trade. It would cost at least a 2nd if not more.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Perhaps the Sharks were informed Tavares won't be hitting UFA, which compelled them to start get serious with Kane extension talks?
Wishful thinking my man.

They still have cap space ...plus they will probably bury Martin (or trade him) so that another 4.8M
And they can/should walk away from Jumbo, unless he will re-sign for a very cap friendly deal

Kane - JT - Pavelski
Hertl - Couture - Labanc
Meier - Jumbo - Donskoi

that's a pretty sick top 9

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
If the rumour is true, "mid to long term" sounds like two offers. Maybe a 3 year offer at $6M and a 5 year offer at $6.5M.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Numbers may be in the 7-years 7-million per range.

the contract can range from good to terrible

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
give him 7x7 San Jose.
200.gif

Reactions: DrJustice

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Wishful thinking my man.

They still have cap space ...plus they will probably bury Martin (or trade him) so that another 4.8M
And they can/should walk away from Jumbo, unless he will re-sign for a very cap friendly deal

Kane - JT - Pavelski
Hertl - Couture - Labanc
Meier - Jumbo - Donskoi

that's a pretty sick top 9

But I thought the idea was Joe picking Tavares up and showing him around?

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Thats the $64,000 question

League will penalize san jose if the violate the spirit of the deal which means he is on their 18/19 roster.

Remember they traded a player, 2nd and 4th so to dodge giving up a 1st they lokely give up more in a sign and trade. It would cost at least a 2nd if not more.

League would go by the letter of the trade. Remember all trades and conditional clauses have to be registered and confirmed with the NHL.

There is no “spirit of the deal” that the NHL would penalize a team over. It’s simply not the league’s responsibility to enforce something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad