Sharks News/Notes XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
The NHL.com preview of the Sharks is horrendous, they clearly are clueless

0 mentions of prospects or younger players, focusing on Hertl and vague as hell.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Just watched a 10-15 minute segment on nhl channel that was about the pacific division. They literally didn’t mention San Jose a single time in any capacity.
I like it. No pressure on the Sharks and no one has any idea what to expect from them. They're too busy sucking up to the NHL's new darlings, and the relatively new darlings.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I like it. No pressure on the Sharks and no one has any idea what to expect from them. They're too busy sucking up to the NHL's new darlings, and the relatively new darlings.
With the Kane drama laying low is probably preferred from an organizational perspective.

Though I especially liked the part where one of the analysts said that if Grubauer played better the Kraken would have won. I was like, I could say the same thing for 35 Sharks games last season.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
With the Kane drama laying low is probably preferred from an organizational perspective.

Though I especially liked the part where one of the analysts said that if Grubauer played better the Kraken would have won. I was like, I could say the same thing for 35 Sharks games last season.
They need to pay that analyst more for that revolutionary insight. "If everything went right for one team they would have won". It's groundbreaking.

Last edited:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Re: ESPN/TNT broadcasts

I'm gonna have to get up on all the cultura hype. (For instance, I had no idea was "Squid Game" was when watching something else.) And get used to all the nicknames and initials.

ESPN seemed to have a more mature squad compared to the youthful (appearance) of TNT.

TNT had the studio group together for the entire doubleheader night, while ESPN had two crews.

Liked that there was a "rules analyst" on call (retired zebra) to talk about reviews and significant penalties, on both broadcasts.

Need to get used to big studio crew around table, than just 2-3. (I think part of that was due to pandemic last two seasons so they tried to limit the folks on set.)

OK, for now.

Reactions: NiWa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad