Sharks News/Notes XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

jMoneyBrah

Jan 10, 2013
South Bay

Pickles speak

“Marc-Édouard Orr” said:
…Two years without making the playoffs is unacceptable for us. During my first 13 years, we made the playoffs and we were competitive until the end. This year, we have no choice. If we miss the playoffs three years in a row, things will explode in San Jose.

I was actually just about to post in another thread that I wonder if this is the pivotal year for DW. He brought in some solid vets to fill holes in the lineup, if the team can’t gel and struggles again is that the final straw that breaks the camel’s back? Maybe that’s why we haven’t seen a Hertl extension? Maybe that’s why there’s been no movement on Kane? (Though Wilson’s hands are probably tied until the NHL concludes it’s investigation). Maybe the message to the team is: “We’ve assembled enough talent, on paper, for this team to be a threat - time to deliver or we turn the page”

Reactions: tealzamboni

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Paywall

About the only good thing I can say about the team is there are some pretty good prospects now in the pipeline.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020

Friedman on Hertl and the message the team plans when he gets to California.

That all just sounds like speculation to me, so my question is how much stock to put in this guy's statements (I don't know him at all).

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
This is a lie! I went to a skills contest prior to an allstar game once
Yup, me too. I could swear that back then if anyone scored high enough on the hardest shot they got to go compete in that event in the ASG. Of course no Sharks was any good at any of that stuff back then.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
That all just sounds like speculation to me, so my question is how much stock to put in this guy's statements (I don't know him at all).
Freidman is about as inside as it gets from what I've seen. Doesn't mean Hertl wants to stay but at least says the team wants to keep him. I'd rather keep him over any of the other vet forwards... Injury history and all.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Freidman is one of the most knowledgeable and un-biased hockey insiders out there right now. He has a great podcast with Jeff Marek.
Actually they interviewed Mario Ferraro on it last winter and it was awesome.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
In addition to his "32 Thoughts" (retitled this season with Seattle joining league) podcast, he has numerous arcticles, and blog Sportsnet blog. He's also a weekly guest on NHL Network.

Usually involved in TDL and free agency frenzy TV coverage.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Freidman is one of the most knowledgeable and un-biased hockey insiders out there right now. He has a great podcast with Jeff Marek.
Actually they interviewed Mario Ferraro on it last winter and it was awesome.

I became a fan of Ferraro because of that interview. It was one of the best interviews of that 31 Thoughts season. Also, as a podcast, that is one of the best Hockey Podcasts going right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino