Sharks News/Notes XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I just saw that the SAP Center will allow fans back into the building on April 26th. I'm sorry but what is the point? The season will be over in a week from that date and the Sharks are so bad who would want to pay tickets and risk themselves to go see this team. That almost seems like a "Thanks for Nothing" announcement.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
I just saw that the SAP Center will allow fans back into the building on April 26th. I'm sorry but what is the point? The season will be over in a week from that date and the Sharks are so bad who would want to pay tickets and risk themselves to go see this team. That almost seems like a "Thanks for Nothing" announcement.
Getting some revenue while they can, I guess.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Getting some revenue while they can, I guess.

I get that. I just looked and it is like 8 home games the Sharks will have with some fans in the arena. I guess it's better than nothing, but with vaccinations just opening up for pretty much everyone, it will be hard to go through the entire vaccination process and still be able to go to a game. I also had to laugh at their policy about everyone aged 24 months and older needs a negative test or a vaccination. Are they really testing 2 year olds?

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
The ultimate participation award.

measure in love for Marleau

tumblr_m3z5viK22i1ql5cfto1_r2_500.gif

Reactions: landshark

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
What are you talking about?

The record for most games played. It's impressive, but it's literally a participation award. There's something to be said for longevity and all. I guess if there were a cup or two during his stretch I'd be more impressed. Happy for Patty, but his ironman streak is way more impressive in my opinion. Plus, there's not really any other reason he's on the team or in the lineup aside from this "most games played" thing. It's like those "division champ" or "president's trophy" banners...

Reactions: tealzamboni

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The record for most games played. It's impressive, but it's literally a participation award. There's something to be said for longevity and all. I guess if there were a cup or two during his stretch I'd be more impressed. Happy for Patty, but his ironman streak is way more impressive in my opinion. Plus, there's not really any other reason he's on the team or in the lineup aside from this "most games played" thing. It's like those "division champ" or "president's trophy" banners...

The idea that being good enough to play this long and be healthy enough for it to be demeaned as a participation award is being a dick for the sake of being a dick. Being able to win a team award has no bearing on an individual’s ability to play this long and how impressive it is. Nobody has broken this record in about forty years. There’s no reason to marginalize the accomplishment.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Everyone's talking about the last few years where Marleau was just hanging on but forget the other side, that he played 155 games as a teenager including getting his debut as just barely an 18 year-old. He could have been not played like Byfield and this wouldn't be a discussion. Or he could have had a few injuries and he also wouldn't pass it. All in all it's not really a big deal. Gordie Howe isn't remembered for his games played record.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
The idea that being good enough to play this long and be healthy enough for it to be demeaned as a participation award is being a dick for the sake of being a dick. Being able to win a team award has no bearing on an individual’s ability to play this long and how impressive it is. Nobody has broken this record in about forty years. There’s no reason to marginalize the accomplishment.

Sorry Patty. I didn't mean to step on your toes. :sarcasm:

What's wrong with participation awards? You show up you get one. You don't think people should get participation awards? Patty would literally have the most NHL ones of anyone ever. If participating is the best you can do, you should be happy with what you get.

I said it was impressive. I guess you glossed over the part where I indicated I'm happy for Patty. Also glossed over the part where it's the only reason he's in the lineup. "Good enough to play" seems like a bit of a stretch nowadays for Patty.

Responding to and acknowledging only the bits of a post that happen to trip your dick-finder. There's an idea for someone trying to be a dick for the sake of being a dick.

Last edited:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Sorry Patty. I didn't mean to step on your toes. :sarcasm:

What's wrong with participation awards? You show up you get one. You don't think people should get participation awards? Patty would literally have the most NHL ones of anyone ever. If participating is the best you can do, you should be happy with what you get.

I said it was impressive. I guess you glossed over the part where I indicated I'm happy for Patty. Also glossed over the part where it's the only reason he's in the lineup. "Good enough to play" seems like a bit of a stretch nowadays for Patty.

Responding to and acknowledging only the bits of a post that happen to trip your dick-finder. There's an idea for someone trying to be a dick for the sake of being a dick.

Still doing it for the sake of it I see. It comes off as hollow to say it’s impressive when you boil it down to a participation trophy. Like you really don’t get how condescending you sound saying it like that? I have a hard time believing that but if you want to walk back that silliness, you’re free to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad