Sharks News/Notes XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
When I read that transcript and listen to the players interviews I get increasingly nervous that DW will move Wiesblatt or Bordeleau this summer to get better. The whole “to make trades you need young players and cap space” thing is worrisome.

I would doubt DW moves any of the younger guys. I think he gets a good 3C and re-signs some of the pending RFA's. There is not that much cap space available to do more than that. There is a small chance he buys out Jones as well.

Reactions: Sandisfan

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
When I read that transcript and listen to the players interviews I get increasingly nervous that DW will move Wiesblatt or Bordeleau this summer to get better. The whole “to make trades you need young players and cap space” thing is worrisome.

Maybe that's also hinting at trading a larger contract and retaining salary. That would (still) tie up cap space and require a young player to step up.

I think they keep Wiesblatt because of the DWjr signing gesture. When the Sharks like players, they can't let go . . .

Though, it wouldn't be surprising if he did trade off prospects. Seems like Wilson's signalling that he's willing to roll with a young defense next season. And there are enough bottom six bodies available. So, he'd need to get a G and 3C (or quality pieces to build 3 decent lines). And his ammo would probably have to be contracts + % retained, draft picks, and prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad