Sharks News/Notes XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
What an odd random story…on top of that the article states he only played in 177 regular season games when I’m almost certain he played much more than that.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Frankly it should have been either Dell or Goodrow. Meier was aa pretty big disappointment IMO.

I think it is supposed to be the best player in the absolute sense, not relative to expectations. So I guess Meier is fine for that pick, although it is damning with incredibly faint praise.

What an odd random story…on top of that the article states he only played in 177 regular season games when I’m almost certain he played much more than that.

My first guess is that Bougher played 177 games in juniors (maybe the AHL) and whoever edited the article was using a bad source. To be fair, a lot of databases aggregate and label stats in unusual ways; for example, they'll aggregate all numbers from all pro leagues, or they'll label junior production as "pro" production (and a layman will take that to mean NHL aggregates).

Last edited:

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
I think it is supposed to be the best player in the absolute sense, not relative to expectations. So I guess Meier is fine for that pick, although it is damning with incredibly faint praise.

Yea, pretty much everyone was a disappointment this year. Meier just ended up playing long enough to pass all the other injured/suspended top guys in points.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Is that a good thing lol
People here will probably have less to bitch about. Think about how Nolan mellowed out after a couple years. Age and fatherhood tend to do that. Won't cure the inherent racism in many calls Kane gets but he will likely get better at avoiding notice and resist losing his cool when he's unfairly targeted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad