Sharks News/Notes XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW

Saw this on twitter. What I notice most about this is that most of these goals the players aren't dusting off the passes before taking a shot, seems there was so little of that with our current team. Probably just anecdotal though.

I said it early in the season, but it seemed like the whole year guys were playing more like pickup hockey. Receive the puck, then look around for where you're going with it. I've been rewatching the 2016 SCF run, and I've been amazed by how different the team looks. One touch passes into space, like everybody knew where their teammates were and were supposed to be, and what they were going to do with the puck before they got it. This year just looked a lot more chaotic and reactive.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta

Saw this on twitter. What I notice most about this is that most of these goals the players aren't dusting off the passes before taking a shot, seems there was so little of that with our current team. Probably just anecdotal though.

I don’t know how people that watched sharks hockey this year can tell me “Thornton is toast” when he was one of the best players on the whole team in his 40s

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
On his social media it looks like he's been traveling to find other opportunities. But I haven't seen if he does "land" some place.

(But I'm thinking there won't be any public events this calendar year.)

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I am conflicted. On the one hand, yay I've never liked Root.

On the other hand, this potentially throws a tiny wrench into something I've been tinkering with for next season and I'm wondering if it'll work out to leave the Root reference intact when it's no longer relevant.
Someone leaked him your plan, in typical root fashion you have be foiled

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
No reason to work around the hole. Oh man, I just read that out loud. So not what I meant to say, but it’s too funny for me to voluntarily delete.

jcGDUK.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->