Sharks News/Notes XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
I heard that the Leafs might be pushing hard to get Dillon but if the rumored package is true I want no part of it. Apparently Ceci would be involved which would make me vomit. The other player rumored is Timashov who doesn't impress me all that much. I would rather just grab a draft pick.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
I heard that the Leafs might be pushing hard to get Dillon but if the rumored package is true I want no part of it. Apparently Ceci would be involved which would make me vomit. The other player rumored is Timashov who doesn't impress me all that much. I would rather just grab a draft pick.

The only reason I could imagine to take Ceci back, is to inspire competition on our right side. If Ceci steps up, it could make Burns obsolete. You know how DW LOVES to use competition.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
What is this rumored package?

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
Yeah. I don't get it. We get a worse and more expensive D-man back and a player who is currently playing no better than a 3rd line player. Trade makes zero sense for us.

Yeah it makes no sense. Sharks get much worse and it does nothing to help them for the future. I would rather trade him for a 2nd round pick than that rumored package. Ceci has negative value IMO. He is horrible and will just block a better Dman from playing. This trade would only make sense if the Sharks had their #1 pick and were looking to tank.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Yeah it makes no sense. Sharks get much worse and it does nothing to help them for the future. I would rather trade him for a 2nd round pick than that rumored package. Ceci has negative value IMO. He is horrible and will just block a better Dman from playing. This trade would only make sense if the Sharks had their #1 pick and were looking to tank.

I know it sounds stupid but I think Dillon could easily get a 2nd round draft pick + some small add(s). I look at him as Roman Polak, but better. He has an expiring contract and the cap hit is not too bad. We could easily retain if we needed to as well.

We have little reason to take salary back unless it comes with decent adds for someone like Dillon.

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
Has there been any word on the silver stick ceremony for Pickles? I wonder if they'll do it on Saturday with Pavs back in town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad