Sharks News/Notes XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
This totally enforces what I was saying earlier about the Oilers; that I dread playing against them, not because I think that we’re anymore likely to lose to them, but because we are significantly more likely to have a player get injured against them. Now, in this case, we got lucky in that it’s actually addition by subtraction. But make no mistake, Sharks Vs. Oilers is inherently dangerous for our players. :(

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
This totally enforces what I was saying earlier about the Oilers; that I dread playing against them, not because I think that we’re anymore likely to lose to them, but because we are significantly more likely to have a player get injured against them. Now, in this case, we got lucky in that it’s actually addition by subtraction. But make no mistake, Sharks Vs. Oilers is inherently dangerous for our players. :(

Confirmation bias is more like it. It’s one injury one time. They’ve played a significant amount of games with no such occurrences.

Reactions: slocal

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
I'm actually more worried against LA or Anaheim. They love to goon it up when we get a lead and it's always a nail biter waiting for Dustin Browns knee to "accidentally" find another Sharks knee

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Do yourselves a favor and do not bother reading If These Walls Could Talk. Writing errors litter the pages (from typos to areas where clearly versions of the book were mashed together). There is hardly any insight from Rusanowsky and McKeon...instead, it is a glowing ode to the Sharks, and especially their owners/coaches/management. There is a handful of true never-before-heard "inside stories", often relating to long-ago-retired players on those early teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad