Pre-Game Talk: Sharks @ Jets - Fri Feb 14/20 - 6 PM - TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Kanadalainen's 31 (-30) thoughts:

Omnipresent Paul: TSNE should replace the bronze statue of Timothy Eaton in the concourse with a massive 14' bepedastalled Paul Maurice, caught in mid-form, chucking insults at the goal referees and young, extremely promising players. :laugh:

giphy.gif

San Jose’s spirit reflects the gamut of spent arm and leg,
Their vets crave the cup but they slump and they rust,
Burnsy and Jumbo rage in vain in the cold dark of the Peg,
Jets have three lines savage, the fourth, kind of a bust.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
That's Scheifele, Wheeler and Ehlers on a line , oops .:laugh: I should find another highlight . :laugh:

Reactions: hn777

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Yep , some positivity is always good , come on Jets

Worst case scenerio - miss playoffs and get a middling first round pick
Second to worst scenerio - make the playoffs, lose in the first round, and get a middling first round pick.
Second to best case scenerio - miss the playoffs and get a legitimate game-changer in the first round.
Best case scenerio - win the Stanley Cup.

Frankly, if we squeak into the playoffs and lose in the first round, and then end up with a potential fourth liner or sixth defenseman in the draft, I'd be disappointed.

Last edited:

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Second to worst scenerio - make the playoffs, lose in the first round, and get a middling first round pick.
Second to best case scenerio - miss the playoffs and get a legitimate game-changer in the first round.

Frankly, if we squeak into the playoffs and lose in the first round, and then end up with a potential fourth liner or sixth defenseman, I'd be disappointed.
Connor was 17th , there is always a chance to find a good player later in the first round but i get what you are saying .

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
I'm all for positive. But my experiences of various work environments -- hospital, academic, startup, etc. -- have shown me depths of anger, envy, hatred and contempt that make this little community of HfJets seem calm, reasonable, generous and even gracious by comparison.

Agreed. My experience is in the legal field where your comment also holds true. But if you'd read my post more carefully, it said that I was comparing the little HFBoards feedback loop with the larger Jets fanbase in the real world. I was NOT comparing this little pit of negativity with the entire, non-sporting world.

Reactions: Jets 31

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Agreed. My experience is in the legal field where your comment also holds true. But if you'd read my post more carefully, it said that I was comparing the little HFBoards feedback loop with the larger Jets fanbase in the real world. I was NOT comparing this little pit of negativity with the entire, non-sporting world.
Agreed , #real world . :nod:

Last edited:
Reactions: Stumbledore

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015

Frankly, if we squeak into the playoffs and lose in the first round, and then end up with a potential fourth liner or sixth defenseman in the draft, I'd be disappointed.

So, you want to be the oilers?

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
No... the Pens, Hawks or Kings when they were on their most recent Stanley Cup runs.

There’s far more teams with multiple top draft picks that have had no playoff success than teams that have won cups. It’s no guarantee. Are the lightning less of a good team because they got Kucherov and Point later in the draft?

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
There’s far more teams with multiple top draft picks that have had no playoff success than teams that have won cups. It’s no guarantee. Are the lightning less of a good team because they got Kucherov and Point later in the draft?
We'll discuss that if they make it to the second round this year. ;)

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
So, how about our game this coming Friday ???
We are ordering Chinese food for Valentine's day and watching the game. We decided cards and presents were getting kind of stupid after years of being and living together, let's just get some food. Hope the Jets destroy, not jump the Shark (or maybe they did yesterday with the Maurice extension? :laugh:)

giphy.gif

Reactions: Jets 31 and SUX2BU

SUX2BU

User of an ad-infested forum
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
We are ordering Chinese food for Valentine's day and watching the game. We decided cards and presents were getting kind of stupid after years of being and living together, let's just get some food. Hope the Jets destroy, not jump the Shark (or maybe they did yesterday with the Maurice extension? :laugh:)

giphy.gif

I'm taking Mrs. Sux out next week for Valentine's day.

Restaurants are going to be stupid crazy on Friday, maybe Chinese food is a good idea

Thanks, Luc .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad