Pre-Game Talk: Sharks @ Jets - Fri Feb 14/20 - 6 PM - TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

hn777

Apr 22, 2019
Because of the weak western conference, the Sharks are not completely out of the PO race, and will see this as a four point game.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The ImMaurtal

King Paul the First, slayer of hockey forum doubters, blamer of youthful players and lover of veteran glue guys. Long may he reign?

Anyways, hopefully the team is good and snarly from last nights game and they get back to what was working the 5 games before that.

Reactions: Jets 31

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
King Paul the First, slayer of hockey forum doubters, blamer of youthful players and lover of veteran glue guys. Long may he reign?

Anyways, hopefully the team is good and snarly from last nights game and they get back to what was working the 5 games before that.

Because heaven’s know how snarly the fan base is right now .....

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I don't even know who to cheer for, now.

If I cheer against the Jets, well I'm cheering against them.

If I cheer for the Jets, I'm reinforcing the organization's choice to extend our "coach".

I'm stuck in a lose-lose.

Maybe I should track down AmericanDream and cheer for the Blackhawks?

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Because of the weak western conference, the Sharks are not completely out of the PO race, and will see this as a four point game.

Haha really? They're out of the race. It's so difficult to leapfrog any team in the NHL with all the loser points available, and the Sharks are 12 points back of the wild card.

If they think they're still in it, they'll view every game as 2 points they need. Every game will be a four point game because they're only ahead of 2 other teams.

Reactions: barrywpg

hn777

Apr 22, 2019
Haha really? They're out of the race. It's so difficult to leapfrog any team in the NHL with all the loser points available, and the Sharks are 12 points back of the wild card.

If they think they're still in it, they'll view every game as 2 points they need. Every game will be a four point game because they're only ahead of 2 other teams.
hahaha, yes really. If they beat us, they are 9 points back with two games in hand. Two wins and they are five points back. Five points in 23 games, do you really think that's impossible?

I can't speak for the Sharks obviously, but I would personally not feel out of it. Would you?

They are closer than the Rangers were in the East prior to yesterday's game. Do you think, they played like they were out of it?

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Because heaven’s know how snarly the fan base is right now .....

I'm not sure you'll find that the HFBoards are reflective of the larger fan base. Especially when it comes to snarl.

No one I've talked Jets with in real life comes anywhere near the depth of anger, hatred, and contempt that this place occasionally shows. In the real world, life is much more positive.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
hahaha, yes really. If they beat us, they are 9 points back with two games in hand. Two wins and they are five points back. Five points in 23 games, do you really think that's impossible?

I can't speak for the Sharks obviously, but I would personally not feel out of it. Would you?

They are closer than the Rangers were in the East prior to yesterday's game. Do you think, they played like they were out of it?

They might not play like they're out of it, but only because they are professional players.

It's not just the Jets the Sharks have to catch. There are 5 teams between the Sharks and the Coyotes in the second wild card spot. Other teams in front of them will be winning games, earning points, the Sharks aren't playing well and making up 12 points is difficult.

The Sharks are definitely out of it. It would take a historic run for them to make it right now.

hn777

Apr 22, 2019
They might not play like they're out of it, but only because they are professional players.

It's not just the Jets the Sharks have to catch. There are 5 teams between the Sharks and the Coyotes in the second wild card spot. Other teams in front of them will be winning games, earning points, the Sharks aren't playing well and making up 12 points is difficult.

The Sharks are definitely out of it. It would take a historic run for them to make it right now.
Again, you are referencing the 12 points, but forget they have three games in hand to Arizona (who is currently in WC2 12 points up on SJS).

We don't have to discuss this, as we agree there is little chance they make it. My point was rather, I am not expecting the Sharks to quit on the season just yet (maybe in another 10 games, they will have to), so I am expecting them to put up a fight on Friday.

Last edited:

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
I'm not sure you'll find that the HFBoards are reflective of the larger fan base. Especially when it comes to snarl.

No one I've talked Jets with in real life comes anywhere near the depth of anger, hatred, and contempt that this place occasionally shows. In the real world, life is much more positive.

Of course it is, Moose

This fan base deserves so much more, especially with events that took place in the last 8 months

but you have to deal with what you’re dealt with .....

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I don't even know who to cheer for, now.

If I cheer against the Jets, well I'm cheering against them.

If I cheer for the Jets, I'm reinforcing the organization's choice to extend our "coach".

I'm stuck in a lose-lose.

Maybe I should track down AmericanDream and cheer for the Blackhawks?
Always cheer for the win. I always cheer for wins, I just believe that we'd win more if we had a better coach. I'm content being proven wrong.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Always cheer for the win. I always cheer for wins, I just believe that we'd win more if we had a better coach. I'm content being proven wrong.

I’m there as well.
My curiosity is now who stays and who goes player wise.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015

I'm all for positive. But my experiences of various work environments -- hospital, academic, startup, etc. -- have shown me depths of anger, envy, hatred and contempt that make this little community of HfJets seem calm, reasonable, generous and even gracious by comparison. This is a place to cheer and to vent, sometimes to learn, and this season has given more scope for venting than cheering, IMO.

And the fanbase in my group of hockey parents, Moose STHs and P3 section has been plenty snarly of late, though they too may be unreflective of the larger fan base. I'm guessing that the kinda sorta mea culpa letter sent out a while back is at least partly a function of STH and larger fan dissatisfaction. Not sure that today's highly-scripted announcement, in the wake of a loss, with no questions, no media access, and a Mo tribute vid conveniently up on the Jets website, is going to dampen that dissatisfaction. Maybe.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I think these last 24 games are going to be a hell of a lot of fun. We are in a playoff battle and every game is important but at the same time any single game doesn't end our hopes. Unless something drastic happens all it will take is getting into the low 90's and we are there. 90 points is 12-9-3, so nothing too drastic.

Reactions: hn777 and Jets 31

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I think these last 24 games are going to be a hell of a lot of fun. We are in a playoff battle and every game is important but at the same time any single game doesn't end our hopes. Unless something drastic happens all it will take is getting into the low 90's and we are there. 90 points is 12-9-3, so nothing too drastic.
Yep , some positivity is always good , come on Jets

hn777

Apr 22, 2019
I'd prefer 13-8-3 for a total of 92 points;) That'd be my guess for WC2, as many teams are involved, and if just a few of those go five wins above 0.500 during the stretch run, we may have to as well. Key may also be to gain some more loser points than so far.

It's exciting, and not the worst position to be in. Either, we qualify for the playoffs or get a relatively high pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad