Post-Game Talk: Sharks felled by Canucks | 2-6 | Horvat (2), Pettersson, Mikheyev, Hughes, & Boeser

Wholl Win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Are we one Draisaitl or Patrick Kane level player away from having the ability to mask our back end issues?
Does it work for the Hawks or the Oilers....well maybe if we get McDavid in this draft it might

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
As I predicted. Delia won't play until the 15th barring injury. Don't ask me why...

Bald(ing) coaches do weird things with this franchise.
mike-keenan-1996-36.jpg

Bruce-Boudreau-Canucks-scaled.jpg

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Why wouldn't you start Delia after a momentum and confidence swinging game in Edmonton?

We are overworking a backup goaltender instead of splitting starts. Martin is getting starts like he's a proven starter - just such a bad decision. No one would question a Delia start and Martin is playing awful.

Play whichever goaltender is playing better and when that goalie cools down, swap. Martin getting every game is Boudreau that clueless?

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Pearson is a practice or two away from rejoining the team, that probably his spot.
Unfortunately. Pearson being out had been one of the best things to happen to the lineup this year, except for when Bruce refused to give Podkolzin or Hoglander the ice time

Reactions: VanillaCoke

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Going off a @Jyrki21 tweet, feel like a cool Canucks preseason idea would be to have a game at the coloseum but limit the crowd to be 40+.

Probably would sell out instantly. Nostalgia.

That is a sweet idea.

Just do it in a couple of years so I actually have a benefit to turning 40. :laugh:

My Dad is going to the game tonight - hope the boys can put together a good effort for him.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
If Miller is going to play C, doesn't it make sense to swap Dries for a winger from the farm?

Even if they want to keep Hog and Pod down there, Lockwood seems like a good choice.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
That is a sweet idea.

Just do it in a couple of years so I actually have a benefit to turning 40. :laugh:

My Dad is going to the game tonight - hope the boys can put together a good effort for him.
Sometimes it’s easy to forget that there are people who just love the team unconditionally. And, I’m not saying that people cannot love the team while also simultaneously hating it like we do, but just that there are people who want to go see a good effort and a win.

Tbh sitting near the 60+ crowd or young families where both just want to see wins is the best experience.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Sometimes it’s easy to forget that there are people who just love the team unconditionally. And, I’m not saying that people cannot love the team while also simultaneously hating it like we do, but just that there are people who want to go see a good effort and a win.

Tbh sitting near the 60+ crowd or young families where both just want to see wins is the best experience.

This is why I don’t deride anyone in the GDTs enjoying a win. Just let people have a good time and watch some hockey without worrying about the minutiae. It’s actually far more healthy than us weirdos on message boards, Twitter, and Reddit angrily shouting and over analyzing everything. We don’t matter. We never will matter. Our opinions mean nothing and ownership & management will go by their whims alone while we twist ourselves into knots.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Agree with you both, @Peen and @Vector. Let fans be fans in their own way.

I’ve been fortunate to have gone to a lot of hockey games over the years - when the team was good, and when it was awful. But it’s an irreplaceable experience that’s easy to take for granted.

My youngest will be 10 by the time he gets to see his first game (targeting April this year). We had tickets to a Canucks / Golden Knights game in April of 2020, but then COVID hit.

There’s a lot of people who never had the chance to go to a game, and some who might not get one.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops

Completely agree. I said something to this effect awhile ago when someone was going at the crowd for not booing or something like that. There is a whole other world out there of people that go to these games for fun and aren't plugged in to the team at all. There are probably many people in the crowd who are simply happy to BE THERE, let alone about the state of the team.

Reactions: Vector

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
This is why I don’t deride anyone in the GDTs enjoying a win. Just let people have a good time and watch some hockey without worrying about the minutiae. It’s actually far more healthy than us weirdos on message boards, Twitter, and Reddit angrily shouting and over analyzing everything. We don’t matter. We never will matter. Our opinions mean nothing and ownership & management will go by their whims alone while we twist ourselves into knots.
Well said. This is reality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad